At the heart of the US south lies Atlanta, a city bursting with possibilities. Home to the famous Centennial Olympic Park and the largest outdoor mural in America, there is no shortage of things to do in this unique city. Its charming cobblestone streets are alive with commerce, and its five-distinct major art districts offer plenty of cool galleries, artist studios, and exhibitions for every kind of art enthusiast.
Atlanta has become an integral hub for production and content creation, being home to some of America’s most significant films and television shows such as Black Panther or Stranger Things. As interesting as this may be, it should also be noted that Atlantans are passionate about their botanical gardens - many residents take pride in visiting them regularly. Several former presidents have visited these gardens over the years, making this metropolitan area one rooted in history - quite literally!
Botanical Garden Options in Atlanta
The catering for a botanical garden event can range from light snacks to a full meal. It is important to choose a catering company that can work with the theme of the event and the location of the botanical garden. There are some catering companies in Atlanta that specialize in providing food for events at botanical gardens. These companies can provide a variety of menus to suit any budget and taste, and they will work with you to create a custom menu for your event.
Decorations for a botanical garden event should be natural and reflect the beauty of the gardens. Botanical gardens in Atlanta offer a variety of options for event decorations, from simple floral arrangements to more elaborate displays. Floral arrangements, greenery, and lanterns can all be used to create a festive atmosphere. You can work with the garden staff to choose the right decorations for your event, or you can bring in your own team of decorators.
There are many entertainment options available for events at botanical gardens in Atlanta. Entertainment for a botanical garden event can include musicians, dancers, or storytellers. You can hire a band or DJ to provide music for your event, or you can choose to have a more interactive experience with games and activities. It is important to choose entertainment that will complement the setting and not compete with the natural beauty of the gardens.
Botanical Garden Vendors in Atlanta
- Three Sisters Catering
No matter the event or location, Three Sisters Catering is dedicated to providing delicious food for everyone. With a wide range of menu options and Chef Tasting Dinner, there's something for everybody. And whether you're in Atlanta Buckhead, Midtown, Roswell Alpharetta, or Dunwoody - Three Sisters Catering will come to you! Three Sisters Catering offers creativity and passion in equal parts with its culinary catering services. Enjoy delicious food without any of the snobbery – just honest, great-tasting dishes made by experts!
- Events On-Site
Events On-Site is a family-owned event decorating business that takes pride in every design, utilizing top-of-the-line supplies for long-lasting decorations. Stephanie, the CEO, and designer decided to open this business because of her natural talent for creating beautiful designs. With years of experience crafting unique decorations, she offers premium customer service at competitive prices. Stephanie loves getting to know new people and helping them turn their visions into reality. There's nothing quite like the look of amazement on a client's face when they see the finished product.
- Hip & Hitched
At Hip & Hitched, they super specialize in weddings and events entertainment in the Southeast. Hip & Hitched has over two decades of experience with Clubbin'; That, combined with their production skills has led Hip & Hitched to have a reputation as the best company for giving people delicious goods and unforgettable experiences that will stay talked about for years. They know how much you've spent on your event, and how important this day is for you, your family, and your guests. The main goal of Hip & Hitched is to provide their clients with unforgettable experiences.
Pros and Cons of Botanical Garden Events in Atlanta
There are several pros and cons to holding an event at a botanical garden in Atlanta. Here is a list of some of the most important considerations:
- Botanical Gardens serve as exquisite venues for any occasion, offering spectacularly manicured gardens boasting a vast array of vivid blooms and vibrant foliage.
- The events often offer educational programs, like workshops or demonstrations.
- They provide a unique opportunity to spend time outside and learn about nature.
- Many locations offer charming picnic areas, which make for a perfect lunch spot.
- Botanical Gardens can be crowded, particularly on weekends or during peak season.
- Not all gardens have handicapped accessible paths, making it difficult for those with mobility issues to enjoy the event.
- Depending on the location, there may be few food options available beyond snacks and drinks.
- The events can last several hours, which may not be ideal for those with young children or who want a more leisurely outing.
Tips on How to Organize Botanical Garden Events in Atlanta
Now that you know some of the pros and cons of attending or hosting a botanical garden event, here are a few tips to help you make the most out of the experience:
- Plan the event timeline: When organizing an event, it is important to create a timeline that outlines all the steps that need to be taken leading up to and including the day of the event. This will help ensure that everything is done on time and that no important tasks are missed.
- Create a guest list: Once the date and venue have been chosen, it is time to start creating the guest list. This can be done by sending out invitations or by compiling a list of interested individuals.
- Plan the event program: Once the guest list has been created, it is time to start planning the event program. This should include a schedule of events, as well as a list of speakers or performers if applicable.
- Order supplies and decorates accordingly: Once the program has been finalized, it is time to order any supplies that will be needed for the event and start decorating accordingly. This could include ordering flowers, setting up tables and chairs, and putting up signs or banners.
- Finalize all details and preparations: With just a few days left before the event, it is important to finalize all details and preparations so that nothing is left unfinished on the day of the event. This includes confirming all logistics such as transportation and catering, as well as making sure that all materials needed have been delivered and set up properly.
Famous Locations in Atlanta
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is a world-famous destination located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. This family-friendly spot features thirteen different gardens, a conservatory, and an event center, making it the perfect place to spend a day exploring. The gardens feature a variety of plants and flowers, as well as a children’s garden and a Japanese garden. The Lou Glenn Children’s Garden is a particular highlight, with its interactive exhibits and hands-on activities. Another must-see is the Earth Goddess sculpture, which stands at the entrance to the Longleaf Garden. This beautiful sculpture was created by artist Niki de Saint Phalle and is made up of recycled materials. In addition to exploring the gardens, you can also take part in the concert program or catch one of the special events that are held throughout the year. Whether you’re a local or just visiting, the Atlanta Botanical Garden is definitely worth a visit.
- Hammonds House Museum
If you're ever in Atlanta's West End, be sure to check out Hammonds House Museum. The Dr. Otis Thrash Hammonds museum was not only named for a prominent Atlanta arts benefactor and the home's previous owner, but it also serves as a cultural center for both the West End neighborhood and the community at large. This stunning 19th-century Victorian mansion houses a permanent collection of African American art as well as rotating exhibitions of contemporary work dedicated to preserving artifacts from the African Diaspora. While you're here, be sure to see the oldest known painting by world-renowned landscape artist Robert S. Duncanson. In addition to the galleries, Hammonds House Museum also has a research library and an auditorium where lectures and events are held. So whether you're a historian or an art lover, make sure to add Hammonds House Museum to your list of must-see places in Atlanta!
- Mason Mill Park & Nature Preserve
Mason Mill Park & Nature Preserve is a hidden gem located in the Dekalb County section of Atlanta. One of the many things that make Decatur special is its commitment to preserving green space. This beautiful park is home to a variety of plant and animal life, as well as many historical structures. The park's centerpiece is an old gristmill that was built in 1867 and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. In addition to the mill, you'll also find a nature center, a playground, hiking trails, and a lake. The nature center features exhibits on the local wildlife, as well as classrooms and a meeting room. The hiking trails wind through the woods and offer views of the stream, lake, and historic buildings. Mason Mill Park & Nature Preserve is a great place to spend a day if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.