Thorek Manuscripts and Rare Books Collection consist of over 1,000 rare texts, spans over 1,200 years of history, and over 500 feet of shelving! The Library itself represents the most in-tact and historically accurate room in the museum, most closely resembling the mansion’s original floor-plan and architectural details. The bulk of the library was donated to the Museum by its founder, Dr. Max Thorek in the early 1950s, and was one of the inaugural “exhibits” when the Museum opened in 1954.
Available parking lot or parking structure nearby
No adult filming
Wheelchair / Handicap Access
Exact location provided after booking