The city of Fullerton, California, is an ideal place for aspiring filmmakers and media producers looking to develop their craft and create high-quality works. Located in the heart of the Golden State, it offers a unique mix of urban charm, diverse location choices, and access to some of the best production spaces in Southern California. Fullerton boasts many production facilities, including studios, editing suites, sound stages, and post-production services. From large full-service production companies to smaller independent outfits, there's something for every filmmaker here.
For example, you can film an outdoor shoot in a charming townhouse or produce a whole film in a large warehouse space. The weather in Fullerton is almost always sunny and warm so outdoor spaces are plentiful here as well. There are numerous backyard gardens, both large and small, as well as beach spaces, backyard pools, and even outdoor studios. You will not have any trouble finding what you need for your production in Fullerton.
Production Options in Fullerton
When it comes to handling large crews, technicians, and other personnel, efficiency is a given. To keep morale high and ensure everyone looks forward to the day, it is essential to have some fabulous meal options. Caterers in Fullerton are skilled, experienced, and offer a wide range of culinary options to suit all palates. They even help plan the ideal breakfast, lunch, high tea, and dinner menus for large and small-sized groups.
Planning a production space doesn't stop with finding four walls and a roof. In fact, once the initial setup is complete, the real work begins. Production teams from in-town and those from outside always require additional decor like tables, chairs, other furniture, wall hangings, lighting, decorative roofs, and more. Fullerton’s production spaces have the assistance of local experienced decorators to help bring the event together.
- Makeup and Hairstyle
When it comes to production, there are plenty of things to consider apart from only organizing a space. Depending on the type of production, you may have actors and other cast members who might be in front of the camera. To ensure the final post-production looks great, you will need assistance with costume, makeup, and hairstyle. It is essential to look presentable on the screen, and connect with audiences. Fullerton production spaces offer panelists of costume designers (for rent or hire), makeup personnel, and hairstylists.
Most content creators look for on-demand video production services with specific deadlines and budgets. Many companies, including significant equipment and software providers for post-production, offer this service to their customers. These companies help bring together casting directors, crew members, grips, lighting techs, audio designers, and coordinators to make high-quality ad films, movies, and TV series on demand.
Production Vendors in Fullerton
- Fivefold Symmetry
Fivefold Symmetry pride itself on being a full-service photography and videography company. They are a minority-owned business that values excellent service, diversity, collaboration, strong client relations, and authenticity. They specialize in brand and marketing videography and photography, as well as event videos and photos. The team at Fivefold Symmetry offers excellent equipment including drone shooting, and risky outdoor cover, and services like documentary production, event production, indoor-outdoor product shoots, corporate video production, architectural photography, video compilations, and interior production assistance. In addition to their professionalism and attention to detail, their commitment to delivering quality content on time sets them apart from other companies.
- Expo Events and Tents
Expo Events and Tents is a rental agency that assists with high-quality rental items at reasonable costs, excellent customer service, and plenty of experience in the production, corporate, weddings, parties, and outdoor areas. With a capacity of more than 500 people, Expo Events and Tents has been responsible for large, small, and mid-sized event rentals. Weddings, corporate parties, graduations, and backyard parties are just a few of the events they can cater to.
- Empire Lakes Productions
Empire Lakes Production (ELP) is your one-stop shop for event production, offering equipment rentals and complete event packages. They even have excellent event managers and location assistants to help deal with the entire production set and manpower. ELP is committed to giving clients exceptional service that they won't soon forget. In the short time since its founding in 2020, they have produced over 250 events, including private parties, corporate functions, movie screenings, comedy shows, concerts, and more. No two events are alike, so they take care to tailor each of their services to fit the specific needs of every client.
Pros and Cons of Productions in Fullerton
Fullerton is an attractive urban city in Southern California, situated just southeast of Los Angeles. As such, Fullerton has become a desirable location for businesses seeking production spaces that offer a wide range of benefits. Below are some pros and cons of production spaces in Fullerton:
- Fullerton offers convenient access to the major metropolitan areas of Los Angeles and Orange County, providing businesses with more customers, resources, and potential partners.
- Fullerton’s diverse population provides various cultural influences that can be leveraged to create uniquely appealing products.
- With its proximity to educational institutions such as Cal State University-Fullerton and the University of California Irvine, businesses can tap into local talent for staffing their operations without needing to locate elsewhere.
- The cost of land is comparatively lower than neighboring cities like Brea or Anaheim, making it more affordable for businesses to rent or purchase production spaces while still receiving the benefits of being in a metropolitan area.
- Although there are options for constructing new buildings or utilizing existing warehouses when setting up shops in this city, there can still be some challenges associated with finding suitable space due to rising property prices in the area.
- Rush hour traffic can sometimes be congested, which may delay shipping times if not adequately planned for ahead of time.
- Despite being home to several universities and trade schools that produce an ample supply of educated workers ready for hire every year, competition among employers for top talent can still be fierce due to other nearby cities offering comparable wages but less expensive living arrangements.
Tips on How to Organize Productions in Fullerton
Planning a production in Fullerton can be a daunting task. However, with careful planning, you can ensure that your production filming runs smoothly and efficiently. Here are some tips on how to organize production filmings in Fullerton:
- Obtain permits: Before organizing your production filming, ensure you obtain all the relevant permits from your local government office or online. This includes film and public area permits if any part of your shoot takes place in public areas such as streets, parks, or beaches.
- Scout locations: You also need to scout locations for your production filming to find the best shooting locations that fit within budget constraints. Check out available indoor and outdoor locations and determine if special preparations are needed for shooting there.
- Equipment rental: Once you have chosen a location for your shoot, you will need to rent equipment such as cameras, microphones, lights, and other items necessary for successful production filming in Fullerton. Numerous reputable companies offer equipment rentals at reasonable rates, so make sure to compare prices before making any decisions.
- Safety considerations: During production filmings in Fullerton, it is essential to consider safety considerations, such as having adequate insurance coverage against unexpected incidents during shooting sessions or keeping personnel safe from potentially hazardous conditions on set.
- Hire professionals: If you don't possess all the skills and knowledge required for the efficient organization of a production filming in Fullerton, then it might be better to hire experienced professionals who will help ensure the smooth running of the event. Look into hiring assistants who can deal with logistics and paperwork while off-site producers provide creative input where needed.
Famous Locations in Fullerton
- Liberty Public Market
Liberty Public Market is an excellent place to find any ingredients you could need for your next cooking adventure. This market has everything from prepared foods to fresh green leafy vegetables, endless fruit vendors, fresh organic produce, seafood, desserts, and more. The market has a variety of specialty beverages, including beer, wine, and unique cocktails. In addition to being an excellent place to purchase food, Liberty Public Market also includes a test kitchen, pop-up diners, and mentoring sessions. Overall, it is a fantastic place to learn about new foods and cutting-edge culinary technology.
- Fullerton Museum Center
Fullerton Museum Center is renowned for its contribution to science, history, humanities, and arts. More than a century old, this museum center hosts multi-disciplinary exhibitions and educational events and programs. The diverse exhibits are engaging, inspiring, encouraging, and challenging for all ages. It also offers educational workshops and programs, concerts, lectures, and art classes, with special children’s programs all year long.
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is an esteemed public research university located in the Westwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, very close to Fullerton. The institution is especially renowned for its gorgeous campus, and being the largest employer in LA. The 910-acre university has multiple academic and administrative buildings, a botanical garden, and a sculpture garden. Additionally, UCLA's Romanesque Revival style structures were maintained until architect Welton Becket oversaw two decades' worth of 1950s expansion. Visitors can take a round, click pictures, and spend the day in the gardens relaxing or taking part in one of the many student activity stalls and events.