Boulder, Colorado is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise and located just a few miles northwest of Denver. With a population of over 100,000 people, Boulder is home to many outdoor activities such as biking, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, fishing, and camping throughout the year. Due to its location at the foothills of the Rockies, Boulder has stunning mountain views with plenty of sightseeing and recreational opportunities.
Nature lovers will appreciate the vast number of trails that are perfect for hiking and biking in nearby state parks like Chautauqua Park or Rocky Mountain National Park. For couples looking to get married in this picturesque backdrop full of natural beauty, Boulder offers several unique venues to fit people’s wedding needs, from rustic mountain lodges to modern city warehouses.
The benefits of hosting your wedding in Boulder include a range of options when it comes to choosing a venue with breathtaking scenery, plenty of parking availability, close proximity to high-end shops and restaurants, and a variety of activities outdoors for guests to enjoy during their stay.
Wedding Options in Boulder
A catering service would be essential for any wedding in Boulder. From small buffets to elegant sit-down dinners, there are many catering options available in the area. Whether it is a traditional menu of sandwiches and salads or a gourmet meal with dishes from around the world, these services will provide delicious food for your guests to enjoy.
Choosing the right cake is important for any wedding celebration in Boulder. Bakers near the city offer everything from fondant-covered tiered cakes to rustic pies and cupcakes. With their creative designs and flavorful ingredients, they will be sure to make your cake look beautiful and taste even better.
Music is an important part of any wedding reception. With live bands, DJs, solo performers, and other musicians around Boulder, you will have no shortage of choices when it comes to creating a memorable playlist for your special day.
- Wedding Planners
Finding a qualified wedding planner in Boulder can take much of the stress out of organizing such a large event. Wedding planners often have relationships with local vendors which could save time and money while also ensuring quality services are provided throughout the planning process as well as on the day of the wedding itself.
Wedding Vendors in Boulder
- Laurel & Rose
Laurel & Rose is a passionate team of wedding planners serving Boulder and its surrounding areas. From art and culture to history and the eccentric, they know that the most magical moments in life are often found in the most unexpected places. Laurel & Rose offers a high level of expertise and attention to detail, ensuring that every event they plan is nothing short of spectacular. Their services cover many aspects that are important for a wedding celebration, such as full-service planning, coordination with vendors, concierge duties, and more. They work closely with each special couple to be able to produce a memorable event that suits them personally. As such, Laurel & Rose is a great option for those looking for wedding planners in Boulder.
- Shamane's Bakery
Nestled in the heart of Boulder, one can find the delightful Shamane's Bakery when looking for delicious baked goods to serve at a special occasion. Run by the talented Pastry Chef Shamane Simons, this bakery prides itself on its assortment of delectable desserts and savory cuisine. With a specialty in wedding and birthday cakes, they also offer a myriad of other tasty treats that are sure to satiate any sweet tooth. Their wide variety of baked goods is perfect for many occasions and for any number of guests. As a locally owned and operated bakery, Shamane’s is a reliable option for great sweet treats for your wedding.
- The Fever
The Fever is a great live band option for couples looking for an energy-enhancing act for their special occasion. These seasoned musicians are true masters of their craft, possessing an electric energy that is sure to get your guests grooving. From jazz to funk, Motown to rock and pop, The Fever's versatility and experience invite endless possibilities for creating the perfect atmosphere to complement any occasion. They offer a blend of sophistication and soul, fuelled by a deep passion for music guaranteed to elevate your event to the next level. They have options from solo performances to full ten-piece band performances, creating a versatile flexibility perfect for all occasions.
Pros and Cons of Weddings in Boulder
Boulder, Colorado is a stunning city situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. With its unique scenery, vibrant downtown, and charming neighborhoods, it's a great place to host a wedding. Whether you are looking for an indoor or outdoor setting, there are many beautiful venues in Boulder to choose from.
- Many venues offer stunning views of the mountains and surrounding area. These gorgeous and unique landscapes provide guests with great options for taking photos and immortalizing memorable moments at the occasion.
- Whether you’re looking for traditional or modern settings, you’ll find variety in local venues. Once you decide on a theme for the special occasion, it doesn’t take much searching to find a venue perfect for your needs.
- From boutique hotels to museums and rustic ranches, there are plenty of special places to celebrate your special day. Venues in Boulder have a wide range of styles and capacity limits, so there is definitely an option that will fit your theme and your guest list comfortably.
- Popular venues tend to book up quickly so it is best to reserve a venue in advance. This can deter certain planners since it can be exhausting to plan so far in advance when various aspects can remain uncertain until closer to the special day.
- If you’re planning an outdoor wedding during the summer months, keep in mind that afternoon thunderstorms are common. Some people may not like planning an affair only to have to stop and modify it due to inclement weather on the day of the event.
- Luxury locations come with a high price tag so be sure to ask about fees upfront before booking anything. Certain costs can add up quite fast and make it difficult to stick to an established budget in Boulder.
Tips on How to Organize Weddings in Boulder
Organizing a wedding is no small feat, and Boulder, Colorado has a unique set of considerations when it comes to planning the perfect ceremony. With stunning views of the Rocky Mountains, an array of outdoor activities for guests, and diverse venues to choose from, your big day can be both beautiful and exciting. Here are some tips to help make organizing your wedding in Boulder a breeze:
- Book services like catering, music, photography, florists, etc., well in advance so you don’t have to worry about them on the day of the event. Many vendors are accommodating and willing to offer discounts for anyone booking in advance. Then, when the day arrives, they are ready to set up and dazzle your guests.
- Incorporate local elements into your celebration. You can use fresh Colorado ingredients for cuisine and decorate with locally sourced flowers or plants. This will add an extra special touch that your guests will remember long after they’ve gone home.
- Leverage the natural beauty around you. Whether you’re having a garden party or an indoor affair at one of Boulder’s many picturesque venues, and take advantage of the gorgeous surroundings by having photos taken outdoors amongst the majestic mountains.
- Take advantage of city resources. If you need help finding vendors or permits for things like fireworks or large music events, look into what types of resources are available through the city government. This can save you time and hassle when it comes to planning your wedding properly.
Famous Locations in Boulder
- Pearl Street Mall
When in Boulder, a visit to the Pearl Street Mall is a very worthwhile visit for anyone. This four-block pedestrian mall is undeniably one of the city's most iconic man-made attractions and a hub of activity. The brick-paved thoroughfare is an ideal spot for sightseeing, filled with an impressive range of shops — both national chains and independent boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants. This area is also filled with works of art, pieces that capture the eyes of tourists and the students of the nearby University of Colorado Boulder who are exploring the street. It is also the hub of nightlife in Boulder. Take a stroll down Pearl Street, and you'll be immersed in a buzzing environment that perfectly captures the essence of Boulder.
- Media Archaeology Lab
Located in the charming town of Boulder, the Media Archaeology Lab is a research lab and museum unlike any other. Here, visitors can step back in time and explore a vast array of vintage technology, from outdated computers to ancient video game consoles. But this is more than just a static display, as visitors are encouraged to get hands-on and experiment with the retro equipment, gaining a deeper understanding of how technology has evolved over the years. Whether you're a tech enthusiast or simply curious, the Media Archaeology Lab is a fascinating and enlightening destination that will leave you with a newfound appreciation for the gadgets we take for granted today.
- Chautauqua Park
Boulder is known for its commitment to preserving open space, and its abundance of impressive city parks only reinforces this reputation. Among them lies Chautauqua Park, a stunning natural oasis featuring sweeping views of the Flatirons and a vast array of hiking trails. This park is a beautiful display of the careful preservation efforts of the City of Boulder that have been going on for over 100 years. Located next to the Open Space Management Area, Chautauqua's wide-open meadow setting and exceptional scenery provide ample opportunity for visitors to connect with nature and experience the beauty of Boulder firsthand.