- Beautiful brick wall, aesthetically appealing furniture (a variety as well), texture contrast from floor to ceiling, clear style (rustic + modern).
- Ceiling height and beams allow for lights and diffusers to be mounted high above talent, without any stands. Plugs available on top of the beams, so no extension chords required to mount lights up high (ladder available).
- Space enough to remove furniture from shots and increase minimal look.
- Plenty of natural light for varying needs
- The narrow room makes shooting from side-to-side challenging, as it makes background separation more difficult to achieve without extremely shallow DoF (even with a 2.8 35mm on a FF sensor).
- The windows on the street side are not centered on the wall, which can disrupt symmetry.
- Windows are not very sound proof, I would suggest sound-proof inserts for better audio performance.
- Skylight is lets in natural light of course, but you may (as I had to) have to block it off with a sheet across the ceiling beams for continuity sake.
- Excellent space for many uses, plenty of variety in one room, great price, beautiful location in town. Highly recommend!