Maximum People in the space to not exceed guidelines set out by City of Toronto.
Once part an optical glass manufacturing facility, this lofty space boasts an all white palette, up to 15' ceilings and a large open concept space that is mid-century inspired.
As a residential space full time, the space includes a full washroom, kitchen, a bedroom, a fully functioning entertainment section and an ever-changing array of mid-century furniture (included).
Usable space amounts to approximately 1200 Square feet of semi-flexible space, and about 300 Square feet of completely flexible space (Photography Room / Bedroom).
We typically keep several plants, mirrors, chairs, wall hangings such as maps/art, and tables on hand for a super flexible space. A basic camera tripod, Map backdrops and basic lighting configurations (2 Light towers, 6 LED light bars + adjustable stands) are available upon advance request.
The unit is inset halfway into the ground (stair access) and has 2 large frosted loft style windows allowing for lots of natural light, as well as a few smaller windows. Depending on the time of year, direct lighting is best in the early to late morning (7am-11am), dependent on time of year and weather. As the unit is completely white, between these times, the space is generally lit, with exceptions during overcast/stormy days. Artificial lighting is recommended for portraiture/models.
Things to Note:
- The furniture in the space is always changing. To get an idea of what we have at a particular time, please get in contact with us. It is not guaranteed to be shown as in photos.
- If you are looking at the space for longer than 8 hours, please get in contact with us ahead of time to see if we can accommodate.
- Daily rate is for an 8 hour time slot, longer stays will be charged at $69/Hour.
- Chromecast, Bluetooth, AUX enabled Audio/Visual System
- White desk is permanent and not move-able. Computers are not to be used by guests.
- Stair Access, No elevator
- Free Parking on Streets (First come, First served)
- No AC
- This is a hard loft, and is subject to imperfections.
- There is not much natural light as unit is below grade, artificial lighting is recommended, especially with portraiture/models.
- Artificial lights can be used from exterior windows (for Daytime scenes shot at Night) as they are at ground level.
- Shoes MUST be removed in the space.
- Cleaning fee subject to double for rentals with more than 5 people. Security deposit will be in effect in all extra cleaning cases.