Memphis, Tennessee—a city renowned for its rich history, musical culture, and delectable barbecue—is located along the Mississippi River in the southwest corner of Tennessee. Music runs through its veins, and culture adorns every corner. It is the birthplace of rock 'n roll and is thus known for its incredible musical legacy; it is a top destination for music lovers around the world.
Home to some of the most iconic historical sites in the US, such as Beale Street, people come from all over the world to experience its historic sites and attractions. The city has experienced tremendous growth over the past few decades and continues to attract businesses of all sizes looking for new opportunities.
Memphis is a vibrant city with numerous options for hosting events in office spaces. Whether you're looking for a classic ballroom style or a more urban chic setting, you'll find something to suit your needs. The city's vast array of event spaces for rent includes downtown locations with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River, modern studio-style suites with exposed brick walls and contemporary finishes, and more traditional spaces with luxurious furnishings and state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment. Whether you're hosting a corporate seminar or teambuilding, there is an office space rental in Memphis that will fit the bill.
Office Event Options in Memphis
- Audio/Visual Support
High-quality audio/visual support can help ensure that your message is heard loud and clear during your event. They offer a variety of lighting effects, video displays, speaker systems, and other equipment needed to make sure everyone in attendance is able to participate in the activities you have planned.
Catering services can help to provide delicious food and drinks for any office event. They offer freshly-prepared menus with hot or cold options, as well as beverage services. Caterers can even provide staff to serve the food and clean up afterward. This helps to improve the atmosphere of the occasion, making it more inviting for employees and visitors.
Using transportation services may help make the process easier and more efficient. Whether it is hiring a shuttle bus to transport guests from one location to another or providing a ride service to attendees who do not have their own vehicles, having transportation arranged in advance will save time and hassle on the day of the event.
Office Event Vendors in Memphis
- Nolan Audio Video
Nolan Audio Video is a trusted provider of audio and visual solutions for clients across the Memphis and Mid-South area. For over 75 years, they have been supplying superior equipment rentals and production services to all types of organizations and individuals—from corporate meetings to hospitality venues. Their team of highly experienced crew members can provide customized audio-visual systems tailored to suit any event, large or small.
- Fascinating Catering
Fascinating Catering is a leading catering service in the Memphis area, providing customers with fresh and flavorful dishes for over 15 years. The company takes pride in its commitment to using only the finest ingredients available, which gives customers a worry-free experience with top-notch cuisine. Fascinating Catering offers a range of services including hors d'oeuvres, desserts, stations, as well as complete dinnerware packages. They cater to events of any size, from small intimate gatherings to large corporate events.
- Creation Studios
Creation Studios is a full-service media production company based in Memphis, TN, offering photography, videography, and brand messaging services. With over two decades of industry experience, their team of professional photographers and videographers is passionate about bringing stories to life through creative visuals. Utilizing the latest digital technology and highly-skilled professionals, they create stunning photographs and videos that capture the soul of any story. No matter what the budget or project scope may be, Creation Studios provides high-quality content with an eye for detail that delivers consistent results.
Pros and Cons of Office Spaces in Memphis
Hosting an event in Memphis can be a great idea due to the city's storied history, unique cultural experiences, and vibrant atmosphere. With so much to offer, it can be difficult to decide whether renting an office space in Memphis is the right move for your upcoming occasion. To aid in your decision-making process, here is a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of renting an office in Memphis.
- Located near the Mississippi River, Memphis offers easy access to transportation by land or water.
- The cost of living is relatively low compared to other cities in the U.S., making it more affordable for businesses to rent offices and host events.
- The city has a rich cultural history which adds value to any occasion or function taking place there.
- The city's crime rate is higher than average compared with other major cities in the U.S., so extra security may need to be considered when hosting an event there.
- Air quality is not ideal; smog levels have been known to reach unhealthy levels on certain days throughout the year due to its proximity to industrial areas such as chemical plants and factories.
- Severe storms can occur from time to time due to its location along tornado alley, potentially causing costly damage or disruption of services depending on where your office is located within the city limits.
Tips on How to Organize Office Spaces in Memphis
Hosting an office event can be a great way to bring a sense of togetherness and collaboration to your team. It is important that the space you are planning to host the event in is well-suited for the activity, as it can be essential for its success. Here are some tips to help you make your office in Memphis prepared and ready for an event:
- Strategically plan the layout of the space: Utilize tables to create separate areas for different purposes such as eating or networking, and make sure that these activities are not overcrowded by making sure that there is enough seating and table space available. Ensure that there is enough room between tables so that people can move around freely.
- Incorporate natural lighting: Utilizing natural lighting can open up an office environment and create a warm and inviting atmosphere, while simultaneously cutting down electricity costs. Open up blinds, windows, and curtains if possible — this will bring in natural light from outside and add a sense of openness to your event.
- Provide comfortable seating: When arranging chairs or couches, prioritize comfort since visitors will likely spend time sitting during the event. If cushioned chairs or couches are inaccessible, consider draping blankets over chairs or using throws on couches as a substitute solution.
Famous Locations in Memphis
- Withers Collection Museum & Gallery
The Withers Collection Museum & Gallery is a tribute to the work of influential African American photojournalist Bill Withers. With over 1.8 million images in its collection, the museum showcases some of Withers' most iconic works, including the famous 'I Am a Man' photograph from the 1968 sanitation workers' strike and intimate portraits of Elvis and BB King from 1957. The exhibition is sorted thematically, reflecting on the role of civil rights and Memphis's musical history. It is a must-visit for anyone interested in photography or the cultural history of Memphis.
- Mud Island
Mud Island is home to an incredible replica of the lower Mississippi River called the River Walk. The five-block-long walk takes visitors on a tour of the entire length of the river, from Cairo, Illinois, to New Orleans, Louisiana. Along the way, historical events and geographical transformations are explored in detail. The highlight of the journey is the Gulf of Mexico enclosure, which contains 1.3 million gallons of water and offers visitors a chance to experience a leisurely pedal boat ride with the Memphis skyline in the background.
- Memphis Music Hall of Fame
The Memphis Music Hall of Fame is a must-visit for any music lovers traveling through the city. The museum showcases personal artifacts from some of Memphis' greatest musical sons, including Elvis Presley and Justin Timberlake. One highlight is Elvis' 1968 briefcase phone, which offers insight into the King's daily life. The museum's collection also includes a ruined and rotted Stax Baby Grand piano, encased in glass like a beautiful piece of devastating art. Though the museum could better spotlight the contributions of the city's musical daughters, it is still a well-done tribute to the rich musical history of Memphis.