London is an iconic city bustling with activity, located in the south-east of England. It is one of the most visited cities in the world with a wealth of cultural landmarks and tourist attractions, including the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and plenty of art galleries and museums. With a temperate climate and a spirit for adventure, London offers a uniquely captivating atmosphere for visitors.
If you’re looking for contemporary locations for events and film/photo shoots, London will not disappoint. From elegant restaurants and stunning gardens to sprawling venues filled with modern decor, there are ample opportunities to find exactly what you need to make your event or shoot truly memorable. The city also has excellent infrastructure, with reliable transportation and various services available like catering, security, and even production assistants—all the tools you need for a successful endeavour are easy to attain in London!
Contemporary Location Options in London
- Camera and Lighting
London offers a multitude of professional camera and lighting services designed to capture stunning visuals from any contemporary location. These experienced vendors are especially familiar with the peculiarities of shooting in London, meaning they can provide the ideal lighting to ensure maximum visual impact. From small independent businesses to larger companies, there is something for everyone when it comes to obtaining these services.
- Catering Services
For any event or shoot involving a large group of people, having access to reliable catering services is essential. Fortunately, London boasts some of the most impressive catering companies around—all experienced in providing high-quality services tailored for every budget and occasion. Whether you’re looking for classic British cuisine or something more exotic, these vendors specialise in ensuring your guests are well-fed at your next event.
- Set Designers
Setting the right tone and atmosphere for your next event or film/photo shoot requires careful consideration when it comes to set design. In London, you can find many set designers capable of bringing ideas to life with their creative vision and expertise. From constructing intricate sets from scratch to adding subtle touches that bring an environment alive, these professionals have what it takes to ensure your event looks truly unique.
Contemporary Location Vendors in London
- AV Projections
Since 1993, AV Projections has been a leading event production and audio-visual hire company in London. Their commitment to providing their clients with personable service and innovative solutions for memorable events has earned them recognition as a trusted partner. With a focus on constantly adapting and anticipating their client's needs, AV Projections invests in new technologies to ensure their services stay ahead of the game.
PenniBlack is a London catering and events management business. Sustainability is at the forefront of their operations, but that's not all they aim for. With creativity and unique touches, their team works tirelessly to bring you amazing events that will have your guests talking long after it's over. From the fabulous food to the fantastic floristry, they only strive for the best. PenniBlack doesn't just settle for mediocrity; they aim to make your event one that you and your guests will remember for all the right reasons.
- Lucky Cat Post Production
Lucky Cat Post Production is a Soho-based post-production studio. Their unique and stylish space offers a warm and welcoming environment. But it's not just about the aesthetics here. Lucky Cat's award-winning team of visual effects experts is known and loved for their work on high-end commercials and social media campaigns. With their powerful grading toolset and top-of-the-line equipment, Lucky Cat Post Production can deliver exquisite post-production needs.
Pros and Cons of Contemporary Locations in London
Arranging events and film/photo shoots at contemporary locations in London, UK is a great way to create stunning visuals for your audience. It can also provide great opportunities for networking and collaboration. However, the cost of renting these spaces may be too high for some people or organisations. This is why you must consider the pros and cons of renting a location first before committing to a certain venue:
- Unique: These locations are often exclusive to the public and offer a unique atmosphere that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Affordable: Many rental companies offer competitive prices on their spaces, allowing people to access them without breaking the bank.
- Networking: There is often a higher chance of networking with industry professionals when filming/shooting or having events in these locations.
- Variety: London has a wide selection of contemporary locations—from industrial warehouses to art galleries—providing plenty of choices when looking for an ideal spot.
- Limited availability: Many contemporary locations are available on a limited basis, meaning booking early is essential.
- Proximity: Not all locations are conveniently located within easy access from other areas in London, which makes it difficult to transport equipment or crew members.
- Restrictive policies: Most venues have strict policies regarding noise levels, crowd sizes, alcohol consumption, and other activities which must be adhered to at all times during the event or shoot.
Tips on How to Organise Events or Filming in Contemporary Locations in London
Planning an event or shoot in London can feel overwhelming with the abundance of distinctive and modern venues available. To ensure success, here are some valuable tips to help you organise your next venture in the vibrant British capital:
- Research possible venues carefully: From trendy pubs and restaurants to iconic landmarks, there’s something for everyone in London. Take time to consider each option, and read customer reviews online if available.
- Utilise local contacts: Use your network of local contacts to gain valuable insight into potential venues that might suit your needs best. This includes family, friends, professional connections, and even businesses within the British capital that may own hosting spaces for events or shoots.
- Get organised: Making a list of all supplies needed is essential for any successful event or shoot. Create a detailed budget based on research and ensure all paperwork is completed before the date of the event/shoot itself.
- Secure proper permits: Depending on which venue you select for your event/shoot, you may need certain permits before the scheduled date such as filming permission or a food and beverage licence (if applicable). Be sure to check with the hosting location ahead of time regarding these requirements so there are no last-minute snags!
- Hire professionals: Having trained staff available during an event/shoot will make it run smoothly and without hiccups throughout its duration. Consider hiring certified photographers, videographers, caterers, and other staff members with experience in this type of work beforehand if necessary.
Famous Locations in London
- Greenwich Park
Greenwich Park is a treasured gem of southeast London, boasting a rich history that dates back to the 15th century. With a landscape that's home to a variety of wildlife, from foxes to deer and birds, it's no wonder the locals hold such an affection for the park. Thanks to the protection of green space, everyone has the opportunity to enjoy its wonders. The park offers walking trails, a boating lake, and six tennis courts, making it an ideal destination for families and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Don't miss the nearby Queen's House for a spot of history.
- British Museum
The British Museum is the OG national museum and a must-visit for any history lover. It opened its doors in 1759 and has been showcasing its epic collection ever since, with artefacts spanning from the Rosetta Stone to the Parthenon sculptures. The best part? Admission to the main galleries is free, so you can check out 50,000 pieces without breaking the bank. With so much history and culture on display, the British Museum is a value-packed experience that will leave you awestruck.
- The Vaults
Beneath the famous Waterloo Station in London lies a hidden gem that's waiting to be explored: the Waterloo Vaults. These underground tunnels are a spectacle of art and culture that's teeming with hidden secrets and surprises. You can find the entrance on Leake Street, which is alive with colourful graffiti. Don't be intimidated by the underground nature of the Vaults; it's a welcoming and safe place. Let your creative juices flow and add your mark to the many paintings and murals decorating the tunnel's walls.