About Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is the state's capital city on the Mississippi River. It is known for its vibrant culture, great food, and lively music scene. The city has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The region is also known for its historical attractions, such as the USS Kidd Museum and the Old State Capitol.
Office spaces in Baton Rouge vary from sophisticated skyscrapers to unique older buildings with original charm. Global companies have offices in the city due to several major universities and research institutions adding to its appeal. Additionally, commercial office space can be found around downtown Baton Rouge. Rent prices are generally reasonable compared to cities of similar size and focus.
Organizing events and film/photo shoots in these office spaces are attractive due to its many amenities such as high-speed internet access, parking availability, security features, ample space for staging, nearby restaurants and shops, and easy access from all major highways. Additionally, businesses benefit from Louisiana’s Entertainment Industry Tax Incentive program's tax credits, making it even more attractive for filmmakers looking to produce projects within the state. This attracts many large productions each year which require additional office space for their staff members when shooting locally in Baton Rouge or surrounding areas.
Office Space Events in Baton Rouge
- Set Designers
Set designers are the professionals responsible for creating and assembling the sets used in film, TV, and photography. In Baton Rouge, they can help create sets that fit the theme of any event or shoot in office space. They will work closely with clients to ensure their vision is accurately depicted and implemented while designing a set with adequate lighting and proper spatial awareness. They typically provide props and furniture to help bring the set to life.
- Cleaning Services
Cleaning services ensure office space is kept in top condition before, during, and after an event or photo/video shoot. In Baton Rouge, cleaning services can provide detailed cleaning solutions based on the needs of any particular event or professional shoot. They typically offer general office cleaning services such as vacuuming, dusting, and polishing furniture and windows. They may also provide specialized services like carpet and tile/grout cleaning.
- Catering Services
Catering services provide various food options for events or shoots to ensure everyone on site is well-fed during the event or shoot. In Baton Rouge, they can provide cuisine options ranging from traditional Southern favorites to more modern creations and vegan/vegetarian options when requested. The catering team typically provides tableware such as plates, cups, cutlery, etc., so all attendees can access whatever food or beverages are served. Delivery to office space is often available.
Office Space Events in Baton Rouge
- City Pork Catering and Events
The locally-made dishes at City Pork Catering and Events are always delectable, and their professional catering services can accommodate any event. It doesn't matter whether you're hosting an office event or a wedding; they've got you covered. They're also available for staffing, rentals, wines, beers, and beverage service. Whatever reason you have for celebration, they can make it a success.
- Eye Wander Photo
Eye Wander Photo offers a blend of technical expertise and emotional dedication to their photographs, creating exceptional moments that will be cherished forever. Their photographers guide each session with the principle of "Listen, Look, and Love," taking the time to truly understand what their clients want and find what represents them best. Eye Wander Photo is known for its excellent attention to detail at office events, corporate gatherings, conferences, birthdays, weddings and receptions, and private functions.
- A Touch of Perfection
A Touch of Perfection specializes in traditional cleaning methods and green practices. Their team of experienced professionals works around event schedules, including availability seven days a week. What sets them apart is their attention to detail and outstanding customer service. Each employee undergoes rigorous training and is background checked and drug tested, giving you peace of mind. They help with post-event cleanups for offices, warehouses, gardens, modern kitchens, corporate buildings, and more. They understand that a lasting relationship starts with understanding what is important to you and adapting to your needs.
Pros and Cons of Office Events in Baton Rouge
When it comes to organizing events and film/photo shoots in office spaces, there are a variety of pros and cons that come with the decision. From cost constraints to space limitations, taking a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of using office spaces for these activities can help inform future decisions:
- Cost: Office spaces often come at a lower rate than a dedicated event or photo venues.
- Flexibility: Office spaces can often be more flexible when making changes on short notice.
- Comfort: Office spaces are typically familiar and comfortable for staff or guests attending the event or shoot.
- Many office spaces: Baton Rouge has many office spaces, making it easy to find the perfect fit for your project.
- Space Limitations: Office spaces often may not have enough room for all the necessary equipment needed for larger events or shoots.
- Noise Restrictions: Depending on the type of event or shoot, office spaces may impose certain noise restrictions, which could impact sound quality during filming or recording sessions.
- Distractions: Office settings may present more distractions than traditional event or film/photo venues due to their familiarity as a work environment.
- Maintenance & Cleanliness: With regular use, office spaces can quickly become messy and need frequent maintenance to keep them looking their best for events or shoots.
Tips on How to Organize Office Events in Baton Rouge
Organizing events and film/photo shoots in office spaces in Baton Rouge requires a great deal of preparation and knowledge. To help ensure that the event or shoot goes successfully, here are several tips to help organize an office space in Baton Rouge:
- Get to know the local regulations and laws: Before planning any event or photo/film shoot at an office space in Baton Rouge, familiarize yourself with specific laws and regulations that apply to the area. This will help ensure that all safety requirements are met during the project and help avoid potential conflicts with other businesses or organizations.
- Ensure the space is suitable: Office spaces come in all shapes and sizes. It is important to ensure that the space is ideal for your needs before signing any contracts. Consider how much working space you need and what type of lighting and sound equipment must be fitted into the area.
- Arrange for adequate security: During a busy event or photo/film shoot, it is crucial to provide enough security staff so that everyone remains safe throughout the day. Security personnel should know the building’s layout and emergency measures if something goes wrong.
- Prepare a detailed schedule: Creating a schedule will help keep everyone on track throughout the day. Include time frames for filming/photography sessions, breaks between activities, lunch times, etc., so that no one gets overwhelmed or confused during the project.
- Take time to clean up: Cleaning up after an event or photo/film shoot can take just as long as setting up for it. Ensure that everyone knows their duties regarding post-event cleanings, such as wiping down surfaces, packing away equipment, etc., so you can leave your office space neat after use.
Famous Locations in Baton Rouge
- Perkins Road Community Park
Perkins Road Community Park is the ultimate destination for adrenaline junkies and active enthusiasts. Visitors will surely get their hearts racing with a wide range of thrilling activities available, including a skate park, BMX raceway, and rock climbing tower. What sets this park apart is that it's not just for extreme sports lovers. It also boasts traditional amenities such as a fishing pond, a playground, walking trails, and tennis courts. Moreover, the park features Baton Rouge's largest basketball facility and Louisiana's largest volleyball facility, making it an ideal location for teams and leagues.
- Old Louisiana State Capitol
The Old Louisiana State Capitol, affectionately dubbed the Louisiana Castle by locals, is a historic and iconic government building in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This stunning castle-like structure has served as the home to the Louisiana State Legislature for decades before the construction of the current capitol tower building. However, don't let its regal facade deceive you, as the building is now a museum open to the public. As the centerpiece of the state's political history, the Old State Capitol has played a pivotal role in the story of Louisiana. Designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1974, it remains one of the state's most beloved and prominent landmarks.
- Mid City
In the heart of Baton Rouge, you'll find the thriving district of Mid City. This area has earned a reputation as the hub of Baton Rouge's nightlife, art, and music scene. Dive into the delicious culinary landscape and check out the local po-boy joints or pizzerias. For those with a craft beer obsession, don't miss out on visiting the local craft breweries. The community vibe is uniquely indie, with many small businesses to explore. Find locally-crafted goods at the Makers Market and grab coffee with some of the most interesting and creative people. With park prowls and art hops at your disposal within minutes of downtown Baton Rouge, discovering Mid City is a must.