Bath, UK is a scenic city located in the South West of England. It is renowned for its Roman-built hot springs and Georgian architecture. This combination of ancient and modern give the city an incredibly unique vibe that is attractive to both tourists and businesses alike. The weather in Bath is generally mild throughout the year with plenty of sunshine in the summer months, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
The city's cultural attractions and historical sites make it one of the most popular destinations in Europe, attracting millions of visitors every year. Notable sites within Bath include the UNESCO World Heritage Site at the Roman Baths, iconic landmarks such as The Royal Crescent and Jane Austen Centre, and a variety of galleries, theatres, shops, and restaurants.
Organising corporate events in Bath can be highly beneficial for any business. The city offers ample space for all manner of events including conferences, product launches, networking receptions, or team-building sessions. With its warm climate and stunning natural beauty, Bath provides an unforgettable backdrop to any event you may wish to host.
Corporate Event Options in Bath
- Staffing Services
Staffing services are a great way to organise corporate events in Bath. These services can provide you with professionals who are trained in handling large corporate events. They can take care of everything from the setup of the event space to managing guests and vendors, ensuring that your event goes as planned without any hiccups. With staffing services, you will also have access to a larger pool of talented individuals who can bring expertise and creativity to your event.
- Event Planners
Event planners are essential for organising corporate events in Bath. They will help plan out all the details for the event, from invitations to décor, food, and entertainment. Event planners will be able to coordinate all of these elements so that they come together well. They can also help you save money by finding cost-effective solutions, as well as suggest unique themes or activities that make your event stand out from the rest.
- Catering Services
Catering services play an important role in bringing together all the elements of a successful corporate event in Bath. From providing delicious food and drinks to creating stunning tablescapes with decorations, local professionals will ensure that everyone is taken care of during the event.
Decorators can assist with transforming spaces into something special for your corporate event in Bath. From setting up beautiful tablescapes with elegant centrepieces to providing unique props such as backdrops and photo booths, decorators can create an atmosphere that sets the tone for your entire evening. Professional decorators often offer lighting ideas as well as different kinds of linens and utensils for rent or purchase so that everything looks lovely on the day of the event.
Corporate Event Vendors in Bath
- KDM Events
KDM, established in 1990, has been in the business of event and conference management for over three decades. Their evolution from organising muddy field events to managing all-encompassing corporate events is remarkable. They cater to groups of different sizes, ranging from half a dozen attendees to thousands. As a full-service event company, KDM can assist with any aspect of event planning. Their expertise and vast experience mean that they have likely organised events similar to the ones their clients have in mind.
- Bath Bartenders
Bath Bartenders offers an array of event staff for hire, from mixologists to brand ambassadors to DJs. They specialise in providing experienced and qualified cocktail bartenders, equipped with a bar kit containing all essential tools. Additionally, they offer cocktail-making classes, bar rentals, mobile bar services, glassware rentals, and party rentals for events of all sizes. With their top-quality equipment and hassle-free event management services, Bath Bartenders can elevate any event and impress guests with exceptional cocktails and professional service.
- The Lunch Company Bath
The Lunch Company Bath offers professional catering services tailored to your needs. They are a local lunch company that specialises in providing fantastic, fresh food for events of all sizes. Whether you are hosting a business breakfast or a wedding party, The Lunch Company has got you covered. Their range of sandwiches, wraps, cakes, and snacks promises to please your guests, clients, and business colleagues. With their attention to detail and dedication to quality, you can trust The Lunch Company to make your event a success.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Events in Bath
Organising corporate events in Bath can help promote your business and build relationships with other local companies. However, it's important to consider both the pros and cons before planning an event in this city. Here are some of the pros and cons to think about before making your final decision:
- Increased visibility: Corporate events are a great way to bring attention to your organisation in the local community and throughout your industry.
- Improved morale: These events provide a fun and engaging environment where employees can interact in a relaxed setting, which boosts team morale.
- Greater camaraderie: Corporate events create opportunities for staff members to get to know each other better which increases collaboration and trust within teams.
- Enhanced productivity: When staff members feel more connected, their productivity often increases too, resulting in better work outcomes.
- Bath affordability: Bath is a relatively affordable destination to host corporate events.
- Time-consuming: Planning and organising the event can be time-consuming, which can take away from work that needs to be done in the office.
- Distraction: Corporate events can be a source of distraction, causing employees to take time away from their work duties.
- Stressful environment: Corporate events can create a stressful environment where employees feel pressure to act in a certain way or be on their best behaviour.
- Bath size: Bath is a relatively small city, which means venues and vendors may be required to book further in advance no matter the size of the corporate event, large or small.
Tips on How to Organise Corporate Events in Bath
Putting together a corporate event in Bath can be an exciting and memorable experience for all attendees. However, it requires careful planning and attention to detail to get everything right. Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect event:
- Select a suitable venue with ample space to accommodate your guests: When selecting a venue, it is important to consider the size of the area required for your event, as well as its location and accessibility for all participants. Consider whether the available amenities, such as catering or audio-visual equipment, are suitable and adequate for your needs.
- Assemble your team of experts: Corporate events require expertise in many different areas, from organising guest lists and managing logistics to arranging catering and audio-visual equipment. It is advisable to assemble a team of reliable professionals who have experience in planning similar events, such as event coordinators or caterers so that you can rest assured that all aspects of your event will be taken care of efficiently.
- Prepare an appropriate budget: As with any major event, it is essential to create and stick to a budget before getting started. This should include costs associated with venues, transportation, catering, entertainment, decorations, etc. so that you can ensure that only necessary expenses are made while still delivering an excellent experience for everyone involved.
- Set realistic expectations: Setting clear expectations from the beginning will reduce stress and ensure that everyone involved knows what is expected from them during the event’s execution stage. Invitees should also have their roles communicated clearly before the day of the event so that they know exactly what sort of behaviour is appropriate and acceptable during proceedings.
- Plan ahead: Last but not least, always prepare everything down to the last detail ahead of time; this way, there will be no surprises on the day itself! Make sure you set sufficient time aside to organise everything beforehand, especially if this means delegating tasks, so you can enjoy yourself on the day instead of having to worry about unexpected problems arising!
Famous Locations in Bath
Guildhall is an impressive Grade I listed building situated in the heart of Bath, Somerset. Originally constructed in 1359 as a meeting place for trade guilds, the guildhall underwent several transformations over the centuries. The timber-framed mediaeval building was replaced by a Jacobean structure in 1625, which consisted of a council chamber and an armoury. By the 17th century, the room was also used for social gatherings and entertainment. In 1725, William Killigrew designed an expansion of the guildhall, which included a series of paintings by Jan Baptist van Diest. Today, Guildhall continues to serve as a testament to Bath's rich history and architectural heritage.
- The Holburne Museum
The Holburne Museum is a grand three-story building located in Bath’s Sydney Pleasure Gardens. This Georgian architecture is a remarkable sight to see. However, what adds to the museum's intrigue is the modern extension designed by Eric Parry Architects. Constructed for £11.2 million, the extension is a contemporary combination of glass and ceramic ‘fins’ that are glazed in blue and green. This innovative design was even shortlisted for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the Building of the Year in 2012.
- Northumberland Place
Northumberland Place, a slim alleyway nestled between Union Street and the High Street, might seem insignificant at first glance. Yet, taking a stroll down this hidden gem can be a charming experience, especially thanks to the delightful flower baskets that adorn the sides. Amidst the hustle and bustle of Bath, Northumberland Place offers a quiet retreat that's perfect for unwinding. On your walk, don't forget to keep an eye out for the Coeur de Lion pub, a cosy spot with a crimson facade that happens to be the smallest pub in town.