Pittsburgh, PA, is known for its unique blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. It's located in western Pennsylvania on three rivers, the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio. Pittsburgh has a four-season climate with mild winters and warm summers. The city has many places to explore, including The National Aviary, Carnegie Museum of Art, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, and numerous outdoor activities. In addition to being known as “The Steel City” for its role in America’s 19th-century steel industry boom, Pittsburgh now offers an expanding economy that includes technology centers such as Google and Microsoft.
Pittsburgh also offers excellent office spaces for hosting events and film/photo shoots. Many of these spaces have all the amenities necessary for a successful event or production, including audio-visual equipment, catering services, private meeting rooms, and much more. Hosting an event or shoot in one of these spaces allows for greater control over your project without compromising quality or professionalism. In addition to this, office spaces in Pittsburgh come with various benefits, such as being close to major transportation links and other services necessary for successful productions.
Hosting events and film/photo shoots in office spaces in Pittsburgh presents numerous advantages that will ensure a professional result while providing convenience and comfort. Not only can you take advantage of all the amenities provided by these office spaces, but you can also take advantage of some of Pittsburg's most unique features, like its iconic skyline or diverse cultural offerings.
Office Event Options in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is home to various caterers, from the casual to the high-end. Whether it’s an office lunch, corporate event, or special occasion, a local caterer can provide delicious and nutritious food for any size group. Local caterers also offer additional services such as bartending and setup/cleanup, so you don’t have to worry about it yourself.
Finding the perfect photographer or videographer for your office event or shoot can be daunting. Plenty of professionals in Pittsburgh specialize in various styles, including lifestyle, portrait, architecture, industrial, and more. With their creative eye and years of experience, they will perfectly capture your event/project.
- Cleaning Services
A clean environment is essential for an efficient workplace and a successful event or photoshoot. Hiring a cleaning service ensures that your office space has been thoroughly cleaned before each event, so you don't have to worry about it. Cleaning services also offer additional services such as setup/teardown, so you don't have to lift a finger.
Office Event Vendors in Pittsburgh
- Orionvega Video Production
Orionvega Video Production is a Pittsburgh-based company that has been executing video projects since 2008. They boast an impressive work history and numerous awards to prove their expertise. What sets Orionvega apart is its commitment to technical and creative processes, resulting in visually compelling and clean final products. Whether you need a corporate video, office event coverage, social video, or web content video, Orionvega has the skills and experience to elevate your brand's storytelling. They even offer drone photography and production support.
- The Fluted Mushroom
Since 1972, The Fluted Mushroom has been pleasing palates and providing catering services to Pittsburgh's weddings, private parties, and office events. They put pride and love into each dish they create and strive to make your event memorable by getting to know your unique tastes and personality.
- Dirt Doctors Cleaning Services
A tidy office or commercial space is essential in creating a positive and productive office event. Dirt Doctors Cleaning Services provide hosts with the peace of mind that their space will be cleaned and maintained to the highest standard. Their team of dedicated and background-checked employees offers various services, including janitorial cleaning, general office cleaning, and commercial cleaning service.
Pros and Cons of Office Events in Pittsburgh
Events and film/photo shoots in office spaces can be an excellent way to increase productivity, promote collaboration and generate new ideas. However, there are some drawbacks to hosting events and film/photo shoots in office spaces in Pittsburgh that should be considered before booking the space:
- Cost-effectiveness: Office spaces are typically more affordable than other event/production venues as they are already equipped with the necessary facilities for hosting such events/shoots.
- Convenience: Events/shoots hosted in office spaces are convenient for various reasons, including that they can often be easily accessed from nearby residential areas without traveling far. Additionally, these spaces are often easier to customize compared to other venues.
- Flexibility: Office spaces offer flexibility that other venues may not, allowing for a greater variety of set-ups and the ability to fit larger or smaller groups depending on the event/project's needs.
- Venue-specific features: Many office spaces located in Pittsburgh have unique features such as outdoor terrace seating, modern interiors, and picturesque views, which make them an ideal setting for events and film/photo shoots.
- Space Limitations: Depending on the size of the space rented, some events/projects may be too large or small for certain sized offices, which can result in overcrowding or underutilization of space, respectively.
- Lack of Privacy: Office spaces tend to lack privacy due to their open layout, making them less ideal for intimate gatherings where discretion is desired.
- Extensive Clean-up: Due to their shared nature, office spaces typically require extensive clean-up after an event/shoot has concluded, which can become costly if not properly planned for beforehand.
- Parking: With Pittsburgh being a major metropolitan area, limited parking spots are available. Finding sufficient parking at these office locations can sometimes be difficult when planning an event or shoot.
Tips on How to Organize Office Events in Pittsburgh
Organizing events and film/photo shoots in office spaces can be challenging, but there are ways to make the process smoother. Here are a few tips for organizing successful events and photo/film shoots in Pittsburgh office spaces:
- Research Your Space: Do your due diligence before deciding on office space for your event or shoot. Ensure the space has all the features you need, like enough natural lighting, enough electrical outlets, and a large enough interior for whatever activity you plan on hosting.
- Prepare for Safety: If you’re bringing in outside vendors or performers, check that they have the proper permits and licenses and that their insurance is up-to-date. It’s also essential to ensure that the venue has appropriate fire safety measures in case of emergency.
- Gather Supplies Ahead of Time: Nothing can throw off an event/shoot faster than running out of supplies halfway through the day. Ensure you know exactly what supplies you need beforehand and order extras in case something unexpected happens (like additional guests showing up or additional video equipment is required).
- Hire Professional Help When Necessary: If your event/shoot requires more workforce than you have available, such as extra security or technical support, it’s worth considering hiring professional help. Look into local companies that specialize in providing these services so you can rest easy knowing everything is taken care of safely and efficiently.
Famous Locations in Pittsburgh
- Highland Park
Highland Park stands out from the rest with its exceptional features. Although it may not offer a sense of being lost in nature, visitors will enjoy exploring the park. The park's notable highlights include the entrance garden, reservoir path, playgrounds, picnic shelters, swimming pool, and volleyball courts. The park is also known for its stunning landscapes and manicured gardens, making it the perfect spot for a relaxing stroll.
- Duquesne Incline
The engineering marvel that is the Duquesne Incline has stood the test of time since its completion in 1877. Designed by Samuel Diescher, the funicular takes you on a breathtaking ride up 400 feet at a 30-degree angle to the top of Mt. Washington. The incline's lower station is in the Second Empire style and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is interesting that the track gauge standard used for the incline is only found in Russia, Finland, and Mongolia. The Duquesne Incline and the Monongahela Incline are the two passenger inclines operating in Pittsburgh's South Side.
- Fort Pitt Block House
The Fort Pitt Block House stands proud as Pittsburgh's oldest architectural landmark and is a tribute to the city's rich history. Despite being the only remaining structure from the fortified British Fort Pitt, the Block Ho: use remains a sight and testament to the city's resilience. Giftchallengingaughters of the American Revolution in 1894, the Block House has remained open to visitors for over a century. A visit to this historic site is a must for anyone looking to immerse themselves in Pittsburgh's vibrant past.