Edinburgh is a captivating city located in Scotland and is renowned for its beautiful landscape, centuries-old castles and lively atmosphere. From the cobblestone streets of the Old Town to the inspiring views from Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh is full of charm and character. It has been voted one of Europe’s most beautiful cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city also offers a variety of attractions such as St Giles' Cathedral, Calton Hill and Edinburgh Castle.
Meeting spaces in Edinburgh have become increasingly popular with both businesses and individuals looking to host events in the heart of this stunning city. With dozens of venues to choose from, visitors can find everything from historic buildings to modern conference centres suitable for any type of event. These meeting spaces offer exceptional services to ensure that each event is successful, including catering facilities, audiovisual resources as well as private meeting rooms and breakout spaces.
Hosting events in meeting spaces in Edinburgh allows for an enjoyable experience with an unparalleled ambience that cannot be found anywhere else. Furthermore, meetings held in these locations provide attendees with a sense of uniqueness due to their impressive architecture and the capacity to explore the city after any formal gatherings. This ensures that both business attendees and guests will have a memorable trip, unlike any other destination they may visit.
Meeting Options in Edinburgh
- Furniture Rentals
Furniture rental is an ideal option for event hosts in Edinburgh, as it provides a convenient and cost-effective way of furnishing a meeting space. Many companies in Edinburgh offer furniture rental services, including tables, chairs, couches, rugs and other pieces of furniture to give your event the perfect atmosphere.
Hiring a professional photographer can ensure that you capture every moment of your event in stunning detail. Many photographers specialise in specific types of events such as weddings or corporate meetings and have the right skills to capture the best shots from any angle.
- AV Equipment
Audiovisual equipment is essential for many types of events hosted in meeting spaces in Edinburgh. High-quality audio and video equipment can ensure that your presentation runs smoothly and that your speech or performance is reproduced perfectly every time. With AV equipment, you’ll also be able to connect any type of device so that everyone present can get involved regardless of their technical know-how.
Meeting Vendors in Edinburgh
- TLC Event Hire Ltd
TLC Event Hire Ltd is a family-run business that has been operating for over two decades, offering furniture hire for events both large and small. With branches in Glasgow and the North West, the company's comprehensive distribution network ensures that customers across the UK can access their extensive range of furniture whenever they need it. All of their services can be tailored to each event and they offer exclusive hire packages with unparalleled customer care, allowing you to throw an unforgettable event no matter what your budget. TLC Event Hire Ltd pride themselves on their professionalism and expertise, with their team of professionals always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
- Audio Light Systems
Audio Light Systems is a leading provider of complete integrated audiovisual and lighting solutions. Founded in Edinburgh, Scotland, the company has built a reputation for excellence across the UK and abroad. Their team of highly-skilled professionals are adept at providing tailored designs, supply, installation and service to a myriad of sectors including museums, universities, theatres, sports venues and churches. With years of experience in spectacles both large and small, Audio Light Systems provides each client with world-class solutions that meet their every need. From the initial design concept to completion, the company’s team ensures successful results for any AV or lighting project.
- Rachel Hein Photography
Rachel Hein Photography offers creative, relaxed photography services for families, couples, brands and corporate events. With her friendly and experienced approach to photography, Rachel has built strong relationships with her clients that have seen them come back time and again. Drawing on her extensive experience in family, wedding and commercial photography across Edinburgh and the Lothians, as well as throughout Scotland, she strives to capture unique moments that will last a lifetime. With attention to detail and commitment to excellence in all aspects of her work, Rachel Hein Photography provides an incomparable service for every client.
Pros and Cons of Meeting Spaces in Edinburgh
Organising events in meeting spaces in Edinburgh can be a great way to bring people together and create an atmosphere of collaboration, but there are both advantages and disadvantages. Here is a brief overview of some pros and cons to consider when deciding whether or not to use a meeting space in Edinburgh:
- Meeting spaces in Edinburgh offer a professional and comfortable space for events, giving guests the impression that they are being taken seriously.
- Most meeting spaces in Edinburgh are easy to access by public transport or bike, making it convenient for event attendees.
- With so many different types of meeting spaces available, organisers have a wide range of options to choose from, ensuring they can find the perfect fit for their specific needs.
- Many meeting spaces offer amenities such as catering, audiovisual equipment, and other services that make organising an event simpler.
- Hiring out a meeting space in Edinburgh can be costly, especially if using one with higher-end amenities.
- Depending on the size of the event, finding a large enough venue might be difficult as there may not be enough space nearby.
- Many meeting spaces book up quickly due to their popularity with local businesses, so organisers need to plan ahead if they want to secure a spot.
- If you're looking for something less formal than standard company meetings, then you might struggle with finding an appropriate venue.
Tips on How to Organise Meetings in Edinburgh
Organising events in meeting spaces in Edinburgh involves a lot of details to work through. However, with careful planning and the right tips, your event can come together flawlessly. Here are some top tips to help you organise successful events in Edinburgh:
- Start Early: The earlier you start, the better, as there may be limited availability of certain venues. It also gives you enough time to look for alternative solutions in case something goes wrong (e.g. alternative venues, etc.).
- Research Potential Venues: Make sure to check online reviews, read up on venue policies and investigate any potential nearby attractions that might appeal to your guests.
- Contact Venue Managers: Get in touch with local venue managers to discuss pricing, availability and any other details that can help you make an informed decision.
- Choose the Right Services: Ensure that the services offered by venue managers meet all of your needs, including catering, equipment rental and more. Ask them if they offer discounted packages if you reach a certain number of people.
- Design Event Flow: It’s important to have an idea of how guests will navigate the space during your event. Map out a plan of action for getting from point A to point B within the facility.
- Don't Forget Cleanup: You should always factor in time for cleanup before wrapping up and leaving the facility. Assign a team of cleaners or hire a cleaning service around the area.
Famous Locations in Edinburgh
- Holyrood Palace
Holyrood Palace is full of historical significance, as it has been the residence of British monarchs since the 1300s. It boasts a range of collections and exhibitions which are open to the public. The palace has hosted a number of famous visitors throughout its history, including Queen Victoria, who stayed there in 1842. There's an incredible art collection including works by Rembrandt and Rubens. The Chapel Royal is also housed here, as well as Scotland’s oldest surviving building—David’s Tower.
- Library of Mistakes
The Library of Mistakes is a unique and ambitious project that provides invaluable economic knowledge to students aspiring to work in the finance industry. It provides comprehensive information on all the mistakes made by economists in 1929 and 2008, as well as other financial disasters throughout history. In addition, it offers resources on how to prevent such events from occurring again. This includes detailed books on economics written by prominent authors such as Karl Marx, Milton Friedman, Paul Krugman and Michael Lewis. The library offers a window into the complex world of finance and economics, helping future generations make educated decisions and preventing another financial crisis.
- Edinburgh Castle Dog Cemetery
Edinburgh Castle Dog Cemetery is an enchanting reminder of our timeless love for animals. It holds the graves of over 20 dogs who faithfully served soldiers and members of the nobility during Queen Victoria's reign. Although many of the headstones have become unreadable over time, the oldest inscription that can still be seen is from 1881 and pays tribute to Jess, a mascot of the Black Watch 42nd Royal Highlanders. In addition to older graves, the cemetery features a newer grave from 1980 in honour of Winkle, who was a beloved and loyal friend to Lady Gow and the Governor. Today, visitors can take a peaceful stroll through this hidden garden spot at Edinburgh Castle and reflect on how our connection with these beloved companions transcends time and space.