Edinburgh is a vibrant city in Scotland, famous for its spectacular landscape and historical sites. It is known as the "Athens of the North" which speaks to its architectural beauty and cultural significance. Edinburgh's Old Town is lined with cobblestone streets, unique shops, pubs, churches, and other attractions. The city also offers stunning views of its historic castle, which sits atop an extinct volcano.
For couples looking to wed in style, luxury wedding venues in Edinburgh can provide the perfect backdrop for their special day. These venues are ideal for hosting large events due to their spacious locations and luxurious amenities. From beautiful ballrooms to sprawling outdoor spaces, Edinburgh has something for everyone. Couples can choose from a range of settings such as charming country estates or grand castles overlooking breathtaking scenery.
Hosting a luxury wedding in Edinburgh comes with many benefits. The city's stunning architecture offers couples a unique setting for their wedding photos that they will cherish forever. There is also plenty of entertainment within walking distance such as theatres, restaurants and nightlife spots ideal for post-wedding celebrations. Furthermore, the city's proximity to nearby picturesque towns allows couples to explore local attractions like golf courses or beaches during their stay in Scotland.
Luxury Wedding Options in Edinburgh
- Wedding Planner
A wedding planner can be the perfect solution when it comes to organising a luxury wedding in Edinburgh. A good wedding planner can create a bespoke package tailored specifically to your needs, from managing your budget to sourcing the ideal catering, decorations, flowers, and other elements.
Whether you’re looking for live music or a DJ, entertainment can help take your luxury wedding in Edinburgh up a notch. There are many different options for musical entertainment ranging from traditional Scottish bands to more modern acts, and their professional services are guaranteed to keep your guests entertained throughout the night.
To ensure that no moment of your luxury wedding goes unrecorded, hiring a professional videographer is essential. Working together closely with you throughout the planning process, they will capture all the magical moments from start to finish as well as create stunning videos through documentary-style or cinematic techniques. With vivid colours and captivating images, you’ll be able to relive every emotion and detail of your special day whenever you wish!
Luxury Wedding Vendors in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Wedding Directory
Edinburgh Wedding Directory is the leading local directory for anyone organising a wedding in Edinburgh and the Lothians. They offer a comprehensive list of suppliers available for your wedding day, from save the dates to wedding cakes, dresses and photographers. Their team of experienced event planners are passionate about helping couples create their perfect day, ensuring all the details are taken care of without stress or worry. With access to some of the most sought-after vendors in Edinburgh, their directory ensures that only the highest quality services are provided to make sure your wedding is everything you’ve dreamed of and more.
- Haicoo - Wedding Photography and Videography
Haicoo - Wedding Photography and Videography is a premier wedding photography and videography company based in beautiful Edinburgh, Scotland. They offer an expert service to capture the beauty, joy, and emotion of your special day. Their specialist team of photographers and videographers are passionate about creating stunning images that will be treasured forever. They take pride in capturing all the details that make your wedding day unique, such as the venue, cake, decorations, guests, and more. With years of experience behind them, they have an excellent eye for composition and light, making sure each photograph is magnetic to look at. Their skills enable them to capture all those fleeting moments of happiness, love, and excitement that tell your unique story. Whether you’re eloping or having a grand wedding celebration, Haicoo is committed to taking pictures that speak volumes about your love story.
- Tartan Entertainment Group
Tartan Entertainment Group is a one-stop shop for all your entertainment needs. Whether you're looking to book live music for a wedding, corporate event, or any other special occasion, they have the artists and the know-how to make sure your event is an unforgettable success. Their roster includes both local and international talent, with genres ranging from classic Motown and Disco to Dance and RnB, as well as more contemporary chart-toppers. They also offer ceilidh performances for traditional events in Scotland. The team at Tartan is passionate about providing unique soundscapes tailored to their client’s specific requirements, mixing and mashing musical genres to ensure that every guest’s tastes are catered for.
Pros and Cons of Luxury Wedding Venues in Edinburgh
Before deciding to host your wedding in Edinburgh, it's important to consider the pros and cons. While planning a luxurious wedding in this city can be exciting and unforgettable, there are also some downsides to keep in mind.
- Numerous wedding venues in Edinburgh have unique features that can accommodate large or small gatherings.
- From caterers to florists, many experienced professionals in Edinburgh specialise in organising luxury weddings in Edinburgh.
- The city’s rich cultural heritage lends itself to creating unique experiences that will be unforgettable for both the bride and groom and their wedding guests.
- Located near major airports and with great public transportation systems, it is easy for guests to reach Edinburgh from around the world.
- Luxury weddings in Edinburgh can be costly due to high prices for venues, catering services, etc.
- Being located near the sea and having unpredictable weather patterns may bring some challenges when planning outdoor activities during the festivities.
- Popular venues tend to book up quickly so it’s important to plan months ahead if you are looking for specific locations or dates.
- Depending on where your guests are located, they may have long travel times which could impact their attendance at the wedding or other events during the festivities.
Tips on How to Organise Luxury Weddings in Edinburgh
Planning a luxury wedding in Edinburgh can be an overwhelming task. To ensure that your special day goes according to plan, here are a few useful tips to help you organise the perfect luxury wedding in Edinburgh:
- Start early: Begin planning and organising your luxury wedding as early as possible—this will give you plenty of time to arrange all the necessary details. Make sure to set up a timeline and stick to it.
- Choose a reputable venue: Edinburgh has many amazing venues for luxury weddings, so make sure to research and choose one that meets all your needs, such as its size, amenities, and services.
- Carefully select your vendors: When it comes to finding suitable vendors for your wedding, you need to take into account their experience level and reputations. Look into their portfolio of previous work and read customer reviews before making any decisions.
- Consider renting accessories: If you’re looking to add some extra flair or classiness to your wedding without breaking the bank, then consider hiring or renting certain items such as decorations or props. This is often more cost-effective than purchasing them outright.
- Get creative with food options: Food is an essential element of any luxurious wedding—think about adding some unique options such as local cuisines or street foods for something different from what is typically offered at other weddings.
Famous Locations in Edinburgh
- St Bernard's Well
St Bernard's Well is a unique structure that has withstood the test of time since its construction in the 18th century. Located on the banks of the Water of Leith, it was purchased by Lord Gardenstone in 1789 who believed in its healing powers. The well is made up of a Greco-Roman architecture with an octagonal-shaped cupola, four pillars and two white columns. Inside, visitors can view a sculpture of an angel and a stone basin that once contained water from the well. The structure itself is believed to have been built around 1760 by local schoolboys who stumbled upon it while out fishing. Today, St Bernard’s Well still stands as a reminder of Scotland’s history and remarkable architectural work.
- General Register Building of the National Archives of Scotland
The General Register Building of the National Archives of Scotland is an impressive sight. Located in Edinburgh, the building's iconic domed roof is a testament to the history and culture that it houses inside. Designed by Robert Adam, the structure was built between 1774 and 1788, with a classical style reminiscent of ancient Greek temples. The building consists of three floors; the ground floor contains reading rooms, while the first and second floors are dedicated to archival material. Inside these floors, you will find over half a million volumes, including records dating back nearly two centuries—births, deaths, marriages and other events of historical importance. For those interested in delving into Scotland's past or researching their own family histories, the General Register Building offers an extensive collection of information in a beautiful setting.
- Edinburgh Castle Dog Cemetery
Edinburgh Castle Dog Cemetery is an enchanting reminder of our timeless love for animals. It holds the graves of over 20 dogs who faithfully served soldiers and members of the nobility during Queen Victoria's reign. Many of the headstones are no longer legible due to weathering, but the oldest visible inscription dates back to 1881, honouring Jess, a band pet of the Black Watch 42nd Royal Highlanders. The cemetery also has a more recent addition from 1980, commemorating Winkle, “the dear and faithful friend of Lady Gow and the Governor”. Today, visitors can take a peaceful stroll through this hidden garden spot at Edinburgh Castle and reflect on how our connection with these beloved companions transcends time and space.