Bath is a beautiful city located in the South West of England. It is renowned for its incredible and rich history, evident in its stunning Georgian architecture and Roman Baths. With a population of around 109,000 people, it offers a combination of culture, retail, and entertainment to those who visit or live there. The city enjoys mild weather with temperatures usually not reaching either extreme—perfect for exploring and enjoying what it has to offer!
Organising parties in Bath is a rewarding experience due to the availability of venues such as pubs, hotels, and spas providing excellent amenities for all kinds of events. Furthermore, its great location makes it easily accessible from nearby towns and cities via road, train, or bus. Not to mention, the availability of vendors throughout the city—from catering to entertainers and photographers—can help make your party hassle-free and fun!
Party Options in Bath
Hiring a band or live musicians is an excellent way to keep guests entertained at a party in Bath. Countless local performers can liven up the atmosphere with a variety of different music styles and genres, from jazz to rock, classical to hip-hop. Alternatively, hiring a DJ is another popular choice for those looking for modern dance beats and club bangers. From acoustic duos to full five-piece bands, there's something available in Bath for every type of event.
- Photo Booths
Guests love taking pictures together at parties and a photo booth can be the perfect addition to any event. A professional setup will include a backdrop, lighting equipment, props, and unlimited prints delivered instantly. For extra fun, some companies in Bath also offer customization options such as animations or filters that add even more life to the photos taken by guests. It's also possible to get customised frames or backdrops with messages and logos printed on them.
- Catering Services
Getting professional catering services is an essential part of any event in Bath. Having delicious food and drinks available ensures guests are well taken care of and can enjoy themselves during the party without worrying about preparing meals themselves. Options range from simple finger food platters up to multi-course meals with wait staff provided by caterers for an even more special experience.
Whether it’s sophisticated signature cocktails or classic favourites like margaritas or mojitos, having bartenders at your party ensures everyone can have their favourite drink prepared just how they like it. There are many experienced bartenders available in Bath who can create custom menus tailored specifically for your event as well as provide additional help when needed with serving drinks or cleaning up afterwards.
Party Vendors in Bath
- Bubblegum Balloons
Bubblegum Balloons is a company that has transformed humble balloons into stylish accessories for any occasion. They have worked with celebrities, royalty, and world-famous brands, creating impressive installations for events such as marriage proposals, bridesmaid requests, and baby showers. Bubblegum Balloons is a top balloon supplier for more than 120 renowned venues in the UK and is at the forefront of event design. Founders Laura and Sally, along with their best friend Megan, began the business and have since helped to make over 4,000 new parents and their families feel special with their colourful and eye-catching creations.
- Hire A Barman
Hire A Barman are mobile bartenders with professional training and all the necessary tools to concoct your favourite drinks. Their mixologists are well-equipped and the best in the business, ensuring excellent service at any gathering. From private parties to corporate events, there is no occasion too big or small for them. Hire A Barman can provide you with a unique experience, whether you're organising a fun hen party or hoping to impress your guests at home.
- DJ Krazy Entertainment
DJ Krazy Entertainment is a small business located outside of Bath that specialises in mobile disco packages for various occasions. Using only major manufacturers and the latest equipment in luminaires and sound, they strive to ensure that events run smoothly without any issues. Their founder and team leader, Callum Smith, is a multi-genre DJ who allows playlists to be merged into his set for a personalised experience. They also offer DMX lighting and lighting design to create a bespoke atmosphere for any themed event. This professional and experienced team not only provides packages for events but also offers sound and lighting solutions for upcoming musicians and small events.
Pros and Cons of Parties in Bath
Hosting a party in the city of Bath can be an exciting and fun experience. From its beautiful historic architecture to its numerous attractions and activities, there are many advantages to hosting a party here. However, it is important to consider the disadvantages of doing so before making any decisions:
- Parties are a great way to bring people together in celebration or commemoration.
- Building memories with family and friends is an important part of life that parties are perfect for creating.
- With proper planning, parties in Bath can be organised on any budget.
- Hosting a party is an excellent opportunity to show off your creativity in the form of décor and culinary delights.
- Attractions and activities are in abundance in the city, making it easy to provide entertainment for guests.
- Organising a party can take considerable time and effort, requiring careful planning and coordination.
- There may be restrictions on certain activities due to local laws or regulations.
- Noise complaints are not uncommon in crowded cities, so it’s important to be aware of noise ordinances and respect the neighbours when hosting a party in Bath.
- Clean-up after parties can be quite time-consuming and tedious; however, having help from all attendees who participated in the festivities can certainly make the process easier, but still take some time depending on how large the gathering was or how much mess was created during the event itself.
Tips on How to Organise Parties in Bath
Planning a successful party involves more than simply sending out invitations and providing food. There are many factors to consider, such as the location, decorations, activities, and entertainment. Here are several key tips for organising parties in Bath that will help ensure your event is a success:
- Choose an appropriate venue: Bath has plenty of venues suitable for hosting parties, from pubs and hotels to community halls and sports clubs. Consider the size of your guest list when selecting a space; too large and you’ll feel lost, too small and it won’t be social enough!
- Decorate creatively: Use balloons, streamers, ribbons, or other decorative pieces to spruce up the party venue. It doesn’t take much to transform a room from drab to fab! If you want something different, why not try using lighting effects or projection screens?
- Provide entertainment: Music can make or break a party so choose something appropriate for your guests. Providing karaoke or live music performances can add some energy to the occasion. You could also plan games such as trivia quizzes or charades to keep everyone engaged.
- Cater well: Food is always important at parties, so make sure there are enough snacks and drinks available throughout the evening. Ask guests ahead of time if they have special dietary requirements and accommodate them accordingly. For larger events opt for finger foods which guests can grab on their way around the room rather than sit-down dinners.
- Take advantage of local attractions: Visit Bath's many attractions while you're in town, such as its historic Roman Baths and Abbey ruins. These provide great photo opportunities for any event! And don't forget about taking a stroll through the city centre; it's full of vibrant shops, cafes, and restaurants that offer ideal places to chat with friends or family members during breaks in between activities.
Famous Locations in Bath
- Abbey Green
Abbey Green, located at the bottom of North Parade Passage, may be small but it boasts stunning architecture and historical significance. The prominent plane tree in the centre of the green was planted in 1793 and has become a beloved landmark. The Bath Bun and The Retro Store are just two of the facades that draw visitors to this charming spot. A fan favourite is The Abbey Deli, formerly known as Pickled Greens, which gained recent recognition as "The Modiste" in the popular Netflix series, Bridgerton. Abbey Green is a must-visit location for anyone looking to explore the vibrant history and culture of Bath.
- Botanical Gardens
Established back in 1887, the Botanical Gardens, located within the Royal Victoria Park, offer a serene collection of flora that is a true beauty to behold. With secluded winding paths, it offers a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. This tranquil collection of plants boasts a variety of species, including Victorian plant collections and unique, unusual trees. Take a stroll through this quiet oasis and discover its many hidden treasures, like the replicated Roman temple at its centre. As quiet as a secret, the Botanical Gardens is a true haven of peace in the heart of the city.
- Workhouse Burial Ground
The Bath Union Workhouse, located on Frome Road, served as a refuge for those living in poverty, homeless individuals, orphaned children, and those suffering chronic illnesses between 1858 and 1899. Over 3000 of them died while in the workhouse and were buried in unmarked graves on the neighbouring land. To this day, the burial ground remains unaddressed, unbeknownst to most people who walk through the field. However, there have been movements to recognize and acknowledge this site, with the involvement of community groups, local authorities, and the families of the deceased. Despite the sad history of the site, it remains a place to visit for those interested in learning about the plight of the impoverished in the past.