Bath is a city that offers plenty to captivate the senses. With its unique blend of history, culture and architecture, this UNESCO World Heritage site in South West England never fails to inspire. Once a popular Roman spa, its quaint cobbled streets and colourful Georgian facades have been drawing visitors from near and far for centuries. Bath is now bustling with life, with tourists flocking to take in the city’s grandeur and stunning views over the River Avon valley.
It’s no surprise then that Bath is a city known for its vibrant celebrations. From Christmas markets held beneath ancient archways to New Year’s celebrations featuring traditional music and local delicacies, it’s easy to get into the festive spirit here! With its stunning Georgian architecture, picturesque views of rolling hillsides, and plentiful green spaces, Bath is perfect for hosting special occasions like Christmas office parties or New Year's Eve get-togethers.
Whether you are looking for an intimate gathering in a cosy restaurant or a stylish soiree in one of Bath's elegant manor houses, there's something here for everyone’s holiday needs!
Holiday Party Options in Bath
Hiring a catering company to provide food and drinks for your holiday party can be an excellent way to ensure that everyone attending the event is well-fed and happy. Catering services often offer customisable menus, allowing you to choose from a wide variety of dishes suitable for any occasion. They also come equipped with the necessary staff, equipment, and materials needed to make sure all guests have enough food throughout the night.
- Live Music
Bringing some live music to your holiday party is a great way to create an engaging atmosphere that can keep people entertained throughout the evening. A talented musician or band will provide entertainment as they perform a mix of popular songs and holiday classics that everyone can sing along to. In addition to providing good music, having a live act can help set the tone for an enjoyable evening filled with conversation and laughter.
- Photo Booth
A photo booth allows guests to take memorable photos during your event. Many photo booths come with props such as costumes and hats, which guests can use in their pictures for even more fun.
- Themed Decorations
Adding some themed decorations around your venue will give it more of an inviting feel while also giving guests something interesting to look at throughout the evening. You could opt for traditional holiday decorations such as lights or trees, but you could also incorporate elements from other cultures or seasonal themes like snowflakes or pumpkins depending on what you would like. This will help add an extra special touch so people remember how unique your party was long after it’s over.
Holiday Party Vendors in Bath
- Wild Fig
Wild Fig is a boutique catering company based in Bath, offering an array of exquisite food services. Founded in 2019, Wild Fig is renowned for its incredible displays of artisan cheese and charcuterie, locally sourced produce, fresh foliage, bespoke cakes and patisseries. They collaborate with esteemed suppliers from The Fine Cheese Co., handpicking only the finest produce to ensure attention to detail is paid throughout their show-stopping displays. Clients have the opportunity to choose from their signature range or work directly with the food stylist to design a unique creation tailored to specific dietary requirements and requests.
- The Mystery Machine
The Mystery Machine is a five-piece live function band based in Bath, Somerset, specialising in a vast range of popular music from classic hits of the ‘50s and ‘60s all the way to current chart toppers. With over two decades of experience performing at events such as weddings, festivals, fundraising events, private parties and more, The Mystery Machine can tailor its sound and services specifically for each function or event. They possess an extensive professional setup with full PA and light capabilities should clients need it, as well as having the know-how and flexibility to adjust amplification levels when necessary.
- Funtasia Entertainment Ltd
Funtasia Entertainment Ltd is a leading provider of interactive photo booth entertainment for all types of events in Bath, Somerset. Their automated system employs state-of-the-art photographic equipment with simple on-screen instructions and provides customers with customised prints which can contain messages, colours, graphics or branding. Guests can additionally enjoy the prop box filled with hats, wigs and other props to create fun images that are automatically stored digitally and royalty-free.
Pros and Cons of Holiday Parties in Bath
Holiday parties are an enjoyable way to get together with friends, family, and colleagues during the festive season. However, like any event, there are both benefits and drawbacks associated with hosting a holiday party in Bath.
- Access to the city's many attractions, including its famous Roman baths, can provide a beautiful and unique atmosphere for the party.
- The abundance of restaurants, pubs, clubs, and other venues makes it easy to find an appropriate place for a holiday gathering.
- With its temperate climate and lack of snowfall during the winter months, visitors and guests at the party can comfortably enjoy activities outdoors.
- From designer stores to local markets, Bath offers plenty of options for shopping for decorations or supplies while planning the party.
- As many roads in Bath are narrow and crowded, parking can be difficult on certain days or times, so guests should plan accordingly.
- Depending on which venue is chosen as the location for your event (i.e. indoor vs. outdoor), you might have trouble obtaining necessary permits or licences from local authorities if required by law.
- Hotels may be booked up months in advance so finding suitable accommodation could prove difficult if not planned well ahead of time.
- Crowds and traffic congestion may interfere with any festivities planned outdoors or along popular thoroughfares of the city centre.
Tips on How to Organise Holiday Parties in Bath
Throwing a successful holiday party is no easy feat. There’s much to consider when planning, like choosing a venue, how many people to invite, what food and drinks to serve, and what type of entertainment there should be. To help you throw a fantastic holiday party without overspending, here are some valuable tips that will ensure your event is a resounding success:
- Choose the right venue: Selecting a venue is quite possibly the most important aspect of hosting a successful holiday party. Make sure the space you select is an appropriate size for the number of guests you expect and that it won’t be too crowded or too empty. If budget allows, try to pick somewhere with an atmosphere that will add to the festivities; think rustic barns, vintage warehouses or chic lounges!
- Add personal touches: Make sure your holiday party reflects your personality by incorporating unique decorations that stand out from traditional holiday decorating schemes. Place thoughtful gifts at each seat instead of one larger gift exchange at the end of the night; this will show all guests how much they mean to you!
- Provide plenty of refreshments: No holiday party is complete without good food and drinks. Offer both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options to keep everyone happy throughout the evening. Finger foods are great for creating lots of variety without having to spend too much time cooking—think small bites like mini quiches, bite-sized sandwiches or even taco bars!
- Prepare activities: Make sure there’s something fun planned for everyone. Depending on the occasion and age group of your guests, consider offering games or entertainment such as karaoke, trivia night or even a movie screening. This way, everyone has something enjoyable to do while they mingle with each other.
- Send invitations early: Ensure as many people as possible turn up by giving them plenty of notice about your event ahead of time. Send out invites via email at least one month prior so everyone has enough time to plan their outfits and diaries accordingly. Nothing dampens enthusiasm quite like leaving things until the last minute!
Famous Locations in Bath
- Mary Shelley's House of Frankenstein
Mary Shelley's House of Frankenstein is a museum in Bath, England that celebrates the life and works of the esteemed horror and science fiction author. It features four floors filled with artefacts from Shelley's life, immersive exhibits related to her novel Frankenstein and its iconic creature, multi-sensory rooms that bring history and fiction together, and escape rooms for those feeling brave. The museum provides visitors with a detailed understanding of how Mary Shelley's time in Bath influenced her writing.
- Bath Guildhall Market
Bath Guildhall Market is an iconic shopping destination situated in the heart of the city's historic district. With a trading history spanning more than eight centuries, the market offers visitors a unique shopping experience with over twenty individual stalls selling a diverse selection of merchandise such as clothing, leather goods and speciality teas. The building itself dates back to the 18th century and includes the original pillar known as 'the nail', which was used for payment transactions.
- Sham Castle
Sham Castle is a stone wall built in 1762 as a facade meant to resemble a grand mediaeval fortress. Located on a golf course, it was originally constructed to improve the view from the nearby estate of a wealthy postmaster. It consists of a single wall with ornate windows and towers that evoke the architectural style of mediaeval castles. In 1921, the city of Bath took over its care, and since then it has been renovated and illuminated at night.