Glasgow is an extraordinary city, with a distinct history and culture that has shaped the area into one of the most dynamic cities in Europe. Nestled in Scotland’s western coastline, Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and home to over 600,000 people. Home to four universities, two National Health Service hospitals, a vibrant music scene, and numerous parks and green spaces, it’s no surprise that Glasgow has become a top destination for both leisure and business travellers.
As an economic hub of Scotland, Glasgow plays host to some of the world's leading businesses across many sectors, including finance, engineering, construction, and technology. The city is well-equipped to cater for all sorts of corporate needs. From grandiose banqueting halls to exclusive boardrooms and even private yachts on the River Clyde—there is sure to be something that suits your company's requirements.
On top of this, Glasgow boasts an incredible range of historical sites, cultural attractions and natural beauty that make it a great choice for hosting memorable events. From wonderful Victorian townhouses and impressive churches to awe-inspiring castles and stunning glens, the city has everything you need for an unforgettable experience. Plus, thanks to its central location in Scotland—just an hour away from Edinburgh—travelling to and around Glasgow is easy and convenient for those attending your event.
Corporate Event Options in Glasgow
- Catering Services
These are a must-have for any corporate event. Whether it’s a sit-down dinner, buffet, or cocktail party, having professional caterers can provide delicious and memorable meals while ensuring food safety and quality. Caterers can also help to create visually stunning displays of food that will impress guests.
- Audio/Visual Services
Professional audio-visual services can make all the difference when bringing presentations, speeches, and other visual content to life. Having high-quality projectors, lighting systems, sound systems, and other AV equipment helps ensure that any corporate event is engaging and effective in its delivery of information.
Professional photographers and videographers will capture every moment of your corporate event with beautiful quality, so you can fondly look back on it in years to come. Hiring experienced professionals is key for capturing the best moments of any corporate event for sharing with future clients or posting on social media platforms. Professional photos and videos of your event can also help improve branding for your company or organisation.
To make the corporate event lively and engaging, incorporating entertainment is always a great idea. Entertainment adds an extra layer of fun to corporate events and encourages guests to stay longer and interact more with one another. Talented musicians, live bands, comedians, magicians, or dancers all have the potential to entertain the guests and will make the evening unforgettable for everyone involved.
Corporate Event Vendors in Glasgow
- Precise Events & Audio Ltd
Precise Events & Audio Ltd has been providing comprehensive technical solutions for events of all sizes throughout Scotland for over 20 years. With a focus on customer needs, Precise Events offers a range of services including AV hire, stage hire, live streaming, and event production. Their wide variety of equipment and experienced crew means they can accommodate events ranging from 6 to 30,000 people, with their event planning and production services allowing them to manage larger-scale affairs effectively.
- Danny's Event Catering
Danny's Event Catering is a highly professional and experienced catering solution provider. The family-owned business has been serving customers in the UK for over 45 years with premium quality catering services for all kinds of events. With its award-winning ingredients and local suppliers, Danny's Event Catering provides a range of services, tailored to suit each customer’s needs, from simply offering tea/coffee and refreshments to managing the full operation of an organisational catering facility. As a leading catering provider, Danny's Event Catering can be seen providing its services at some of the biggest events and venues across the country.
- Blink Imaging Ltd
Blink Imaging Ltd is a photography studio based in Glasgow, Scotland. With more than 20 years of experience in the corporate sector and across various industries, they have extensive knowledge and expertise in commercial and advertising photography. Their services include creative images for advertising, architecture, corporate and commercial clients as well as event coverage including conferences, trade shows, awards presentations, and press/PR events. They also provide portfolio shots of premises, staff, or delegates on-site using a portable studio setup. Blink Imaging Ltd prides itself on its top-notch customer service and delivery of high-quality imagery that is tailored to its client's needs.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Events in Glasgow
Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland, is a popular destination for corporate events due to its exciting history, culture, and vibrancy. However, organising an event in this vibrant city may also come with several potential benefits and drawbacks that should be carefully considered before making any decisions.
- Glasgow has multiple airports nearby, making it easy for attendees to arrive at the venue.
- Compared to other cities such as London or Edinburgh, Glasgow offers much more affordable options when it comes to hosting corporate events or conferences.
- With many different ethnic groups living throughout the city, businesses can benefit from reaching out to potential clients from diverse backgrounds.
- The climate in Glasgow is generally temperate due to its proximity to the ocean and warm year-round temperatures. This makes it an ideal location for outdoor corporate events or activities.
- From its rich cultural heritage to world-class attractions like the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, there is no shortage of ideas when planning a corporate event in Glasgow.
- Although the overall climate is mild in Glasgow, sudden showers or storms can cause unexpected disruption during events held outdoors.
- Many locals may not speak English fluently so this could pose a challenge if you need translation services or have guests who don’t understand the language spoken by most Glaswegians (Scottish Gaelic).
- While taxis are readily available in Glasgow’s city centre, there is limited access to public transport outside of this area which could make travel more difficult for attendees from further away.
Tips on How to Organise Corporate Events in Glasgow
Organising a corporate event in Glasgow can be both challenging and rewarding. For creative ideas to be fostered, the right venue must be selected for a successful corporate event. Here are tips to help ensure your next corporate event is successful:
- Choose the right venue: Before making any other decisions, it’s important to find an appropriate venue for the corporate event. Ideally, this should be somewhere that’s easy to get to from where most participants are based and has enough space for the activities planned.
- Plan ahead: The more prepared you are in advance with food, drinks, and entertainment options, the smoother the day will run for everyone attending. Take into account the dietary requirements of guests and consider what kind of refreshments they might enjoy during breaks and when networking. It can also be helpful to plan some fun activities like icebreakers or team-building opportunities, as this can help people bond quickly.
- Make it memorable: Incorporate special touches into your corporate event that will help make it stand out from other similar events guests have attended in the past. For example, have branded items with your company's logo printed onto them, such as mugs or pens, that attendees can take away at the end of the day as a reminder of their experience. You can also organise a photo booth so guests can capture fun memories throughout the day.
- Provide comfort items: Having extra items around during your corporate event can provide comfort for attendees throughout their time there; provide blankets if it’s cold outside or fans if it’s a particularly hot day. If possible, you could even include luxury items like pillow boxes filled with lavender-scented eye masks which are sure to be appreciated by all!
- Make networking easy: Arranging furniture in an open-plan manner at your corporate event will give guests ample opportunity to mingle with one another comfortably without feeling confined or restricted in any way. Provide name badges with their photo so that everyone knows who's who easily—this will prevent any awkward moments but also allow people to start conversations quickly since they already know each other’s names!
Famous Locations in Glasgow
- Riverside Museum
The Riverside Museum in Glasgow Harbour is a striking museum designed by the late architect Zaha Hadid. What was once the Museum of Transport is now a modern museum that houses an impressive collection of vintage vehicles including cars, trams, bikes, and model ships from Scotland's history. One exhibit, in particular, is an atmospheric recreation of a Glasgow shopping street from the early 20th century. A stunning three-masted Tall Ship berthed outside of the museum is a monument to Glasgow's rich maritime heritage, with family-friendly displays about the ship's history and restoration.
- City Chambers
City Chambers is one of the grandest seats of local government in the world, constructed in the 1880s when wealth in Glasgow was at its zenith. Though the exterior of the building is impressive, the interior is even more luxurious, with intricate details and priceless artwork that make it a popular site for movie directors looking to represent the Kremlin or the Vatican. Visitors can view the opulent ground floor of this magnificent building during designated opening hours. While you can visit during these opening hours to see the ground floor, the true splendour of the Chambers can only be experienced through a guided tour.
- St. Mungo Museum Of Religious Life & Art
In the heart of Glasgow stands the Saint Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art, a museum that aims to showcase the world's major religions in a single artistic space. Housed in a reconstructed bishop's palace once located in the cathedral forecourt, this museum is a marvel of religious art and culture. The exhibits here reveal fascinating similarities and differences in how religions approach the important life stages of birth, marriage, and death. Visitors can delve into the beliefs and traditions of various faiths at their leisure, or simply bask in the beauty of the artworks on display.