Bath is a beautiful and historically significant city in the southwestern region of England that has been around for centuries. Located near the Cotswolds hills, this city is full of picturesque architecture, serene gardens, and many museums and galleries. Bath is also known for its stunning natural hot springs and spa that have been used since Roman times when it was built as a temple dedicated to the goddess Sulis Minerva.
The city's cultural significance makes it an ideal location to host any kind of corporate event. From glamorous galas in traditional Georgian spaces to creative workshops in modern venues, there’s something suitable for any kind of business.
The city offers a wide variety of venues—from old theatres to modern conference centres—that can meet any type of need. On top of that, Bath’s proximity to some of England’s finest countryside gives you plenty of options when it comes to outdoor activities like team building exercises or sightseeing tours. A unique combination of contemporary amenities and traditional grandeur makes Bath one of the most sought-after destinations for any corporate activity.
Corporate Party Options in Bath
Catering services can help make hosting a corporate party easier by providing ready-made food for the event. These companies typically offer delicious dishes that are tailored to guests' preferences, so that everyone can enjoy the meal. They also provide the necessary equipment to serve the food, such as plates, cutlery, and tablecloths.
Using decorations to spruce up a venue or an outdoor area is a great way to make any corporate party more festive. Professional decorations service will provide high-quality items such as balloons, confetti poppers, banners, streamers and more that match your corporate party theme, as well as set up and take down the decorations once the event is over. This helps to give guests a nice atmosphere or backdrop to enjoy during their time at the party.
Live music adds an exciting touch to any corporate event. Entertainment teams can help transform any dull space into one filled with energy while ensuring guests have fun and get in on some great conversation starters throughout the night. From DJs playing popular tunes during an after-party to classical quartets creating a pleasant ambience during cocktails, there is something out there for everyone's tastes!
- Customised Items
Customised swag such as T-shirts, hats or mugs is a great way to promote brand awareness while giving guests something special to remember the event by. Including logos or company slogans on these items is a fun way to show off your company’s personality.
Corporate Party Vendors in Bath
- Tu Mangetout Catering
Tu Mangetout Catering is a friendly, professional catering company based in Bath, providing services throughout the South West and its surrounding areas. The team creates bespoke menus to suit each individual's requirements, using freshly-sourced ingredients and creating everything from canapés to chutneys and dressings from scratch. Their delicious mains, desserts and buffets are all made with the highest quality materials, offering a unique home-made taste and look. They are also able to accommodate any dietary needs or allergies that may arise. Tu Mangetout Catering is committed to delivering the best customer service possible by focusing its attention on one event at a time.
- Ambience Venue Styling
Ambience Venue Styling UK is a contemporary design, styling, prop hire and floristry company based in Bath and Bristol. With over 15 years of experience in the art and historic house industry, they specialise in creating bespoke designs with a modern twist for weddings and events. Their extensive offering includes stationery, signage, venue floristry and more. Working closely with their clients to capture their unique personalities and lifestyle through design, they provide a full service from concept to completion. From rustic barns to stately homes, Ambience Venue Styling will add atmosphere, style and personality to any venue.
- Ruby Tunes Mobile Disco
Ruby Tunes Mobile Disco is an experienced and professional mobile disco service based in Bath. Specialising in providing custom music solutions for small to medium-sized events, its team of experienced DJs, sound engineers, and lighting designers provides a tailor-made service to ensure your event is one to remember. Through their customised service, they can provide personalised playlists for all types of occasions, including weddings, anniversaries, outdoor events, birthday parties, and corporate events. With an extensive range of music genres available, Ruby Tunes Mobile Disco works with its clients to put together a playlist that suits their exact needs.
Pros and Cons of Corporate Parties in Bath
Throwing a corporate party can be a great way to reward employees and build team spirit in the business. However, holding such an event in Bath may come with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here are some potential benefits and drawbacks to consider before hosting a corporate party in Bath.
- There is no debating that Bath's rolling hills, Georgian architecture, Roman baths, and natural springs offer amazing views that would set the perfect backdrop for any corporate event.
- The city is rich in culture, offering plenty of entertainment options for guests. From fine dining experiences to theatre performances, there are numerous activities to keep attendees busy throughout the night.
- Guests can easily reach the city via train or car as it is conveniently located close to major cities like London and Bristol. Additionally, local taxis can be hired for groups if needed.
- Located near rural and coastal areas of Somerset, Hampshire, and Dorset, Bath has access to fresh local ingredients meaning that catering services can provide guests with high-quality cuisine that will make any corporate event unforgettable.
- The weather in England can be unpredictable at times so rain could put a damper on outdoor events, such as barbecues or picnics, which are popular ideas for summertime corporate parties here.
- With its narrow streets and one-way systems, traffic congestion is an issue which can cause delays in getting guests from point A to point B during peak hours.
- Parking around city centre locations is often limited so transportation must be taken into consideration when booking an event location downtown or nearby tourist attractions.
Tips on How to Organise Corporate Parties in Bath
Corporate parties are an important part of business life as they help strengthen team bonds and promote a positive atmosphere in the workplace. While organising these events in Bath can be tricky, there are some easy steps to keep in mind for a successful party. Here are some tips to help you along your journey of creating an unforgettable corporate celebration.
- Pick a theme: Adding a theme to your corporate party can bring people together and create interaction throughout the event. It can also be used as an opportunity to recognize important achievements or celebrate employee successes. Possible themes include an awards ceremony, sporting event celebration or even a 1920s-style gala—whatever helps set the tone of your gathering!
- Plan interactive activities: To ensure everyone is engaged during the event, plan interactive activities related to networking or team-building exercises like icebreakers or group trivia questions. These games will encourage participation among attendees while also promoting friendly competition among colleagues.
- Personalise your event: Create an unforgettable experience by personalising your event with decorations related to the company culture or special items unique to your group. For example, customised napkins or popcorn bags with logo designs are great ways for guests to remember their time at the corporate party.
- Establish food and beverage options: A buffet-style meal with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes may be the best option if you expect attendees from diverse cultures with varying preferences regarding diet restrictions. Alternatively, you may want to opt for plated meals if you prefer a more formal service and presentation at your event. In addition to food offerings, consider providing non-alcoholic beverages such as lemonade or fruit juices that cater to attendees of all ages.
- Generate excitement before the event: To build anticipation ahead of time, consider sending out save-the-date cards that emphasise your chosen theme or include fun facts about past company events! Don't forget about promotional activities, such as offering prizes for those who share photos taken at previous company parties on Instagram or setting up photo booths where guests can take pictures with props related to the theme of the party.
Famous Locations in Bath
- Roman Baths
The Roman Baths are one of Europe's most important historic sites, attracting more than a million visitors annually. Built around 70 AD, the complex was originally known as Aquae Sulis and took advantage of the naturally occurring 115°F hot springs in the area. The central feature of the baths is the Great Bath, a lead-lined pool that reaches depths of 1.6m and is filled with steaming thermal water from the Sacred Spring. Digital reconstructions provide visitors with an interactive experience in some sections, such as Temple Courtyard, West Baths and East Baths. The site also features 18th- and 19th-century buildings that surround it.
- American Museum & Gardens
The American Museum, located in a Georgian manor house on the outskirts of Bath, UK, is renowned for its impressive collection of First Nations textiles, patchwork quilts, historic maps and other American folk art. Featuring recreations of a 17th-century Puritan house, an 18th-century tavern and an 1860s New Orleans bedroom, visitors are taken on a journey through America's past. Founded to share the knowledge and cultures of the United States with British and European visitors alike, it is the only museum of its kind outside of America. Special exhibitions throughout the year further enrich a visit to this unique site.
- Kennet & Avon Canal
The Kennet & Avon Canal is the perfect destination for a peaceful walk in Bath. It features charming locks and Georgian townhouses, as well as colourful narrow boats making their way through the canal. Starting in Widcombe Parade and going south of the city, one can enjoy picturesque views of the Cotswolds countryside. Along the way, visitors can also stop to observe Cleveland House which was built over the waters as well as the cast-iron bridges in Sydney Gardens. A popular weekend activity, many strollers, boaters, dog walkers and cyclists alike take advantage of this haven away from city life.