I took this photograph on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood and I wanted to give a soft and surreal teal color to the sky. It's easy to do in Adobe Photoshop CC with a Color Lookup adjustment layer and a few other tweaks. Here's how I did it...
Before / After:
1- A tad more contrast:
- Duplicate the main layer: Cmd + J Ctrl + J
- Change the Blending Mode of the duplicate to Soft Light.
- Bring down the opacity of the duplicate to something that looks good.
2- Color lookup:
- Create a Color Lookup adjustment layer.
- Set the 3DLUT file to TealOrangePlusContrast.
- Bring down the opacity of the adjustment layer to something that looks good. 80% in this case.
3- Adjust the blue levels:
This adds a bit of blue in the darks.
- Create a Levels adjustment layer.
- Select Blue instead of RGB.
- Set the 1st output level to something that looks good. 10 in this case.
This creates a “washed-out” look.
- Create a Curves adjustment layer.
- Raise the lower left anchor point to something that looks good.
🌄 Image info:
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Focal length: 58mm
- Shutter speed: 1/800s
- Aperture: f/6.3
- ISO: 250