Top Pop-Up venues
Looking for a unique Pop-Up venue? Save money by booking directly with local hosts
SkyHouse Joshua Tree
A new standard for the high desert, SkyHouse is a signature architectural and inspirational hideaway perched on 8 private acres in the heart of Joshua Tree, with a luxury pool and direct walking access to miles of national park trails.
SkyHouse is the collective expression of lifelong Los Angeles friends with a passion for the desert, for art and for living well. We hope our home provides you with the same sense of awe we experience each time we visit Joshua Tree.
A perfect fusion of Wabi Sabi and modern design, SkyHouse features all the comforts of city living while retaining a deep connection to the surrounding desert and all its natural beauty. Soaring rooflines cap walls of sliding glass to ensure you’re always connected to the outdoors, even when nestled in the comfort of multi-zone climate controls.
The expansive 1800 sq. ft. outdoor deck features multiple integrated gardens and includes a heated pool with integrated hot tub and retractable cover. There’s also an oversized 10 foot long fire pit for staying warm while stargazing at night. And additional decks on the East and West side of the house provide ample space for enjoying all the unobstructed views of the valley and mountains.
- Rare location with direct walk-on access to the Desert View Conservation Area of Joshua Tree National Park
- Four minute drive to the center of Joshua Tree with restaurants, coffee shops, yoga studios and more.
- Two car covered garage with twin Level 2 electric car chargers
- Multi-zone wireless Sonos audio throughout the home and on both outdoor patios
- 65” display with surround sound, Netflix and Amazon Prime video
- Chef’s kitchen with dual sinks and oversized island for casual dining
- 10-foot outdoor dining table for formal meals with unobstructed views of snow-capped Mount Gorgonio.
- Three king sized beds with Belgian linen duvets, abundant down pillows and mattresses by Nest Bedding.
- Two full bathrooms with high end fixtures, rain shower and custom finishes.
- Outdoor shower for after-pool rinses and simply enjoying the fresh air on warm days.
- 10-foot gas firepit poolside
-Welcome to SkyHouse-
***A note about SkyHouse Location Fees:***
Since opening just a few months ago, SkyHouse has been selected as a location for over a dozen commercial clients including global automotive brands, national fashion and jewelry lines as well as multiple well-known recording artists. In addition to being a popular location for production, SkyHouse is also a very popular vacation destination and is frequently booked on Airbnb. Our overnight guests check out at 11am and new guests check in at 4pm. Any production beginning before 11 or ending after 4pm will require us to block off the house on Airbnb, where guests are currently renting for up to $1000 per night. We share this so you understand our rate structure.
If you require full access to the house and property, all-day (6am - 11pm) location access starts at $3500 for a crew of 10 or fewer. Please inquire about rates for larger productions.
If you can limit your production to the hours of 6am to 1pm, or 3pm to 10pm, location access starts at $2500.
If you have a limited budget, you can book an outdoor-only shoot between the hours of 11am and 4pm for $295 per hour.
Please inquire about rates for larger productions or any access requiring longer times than those listed above. Also note that overnight lodging at SkyHouse can be added at 30% off listed rates.
Desert Escape in Joshua Tree
Perched lightly on top of a hill overlooking the Joshua Tree National Park mountains, this property has commanding desert views from sunrise to sunset. Watch the landscape come alive as the sun rises over our private 2.5 acre lot in Monument Manor, and capture the sunset on the front porch while sipping your favorite drink, and relaxing around the gabion fire pit.
Joshua Tree Escape
We are 9 minutes away from the Joshua Tree National Park and from the downtown area, which offers tons of restaurants, bars, RV rentals, Bike Rentals, etc. We are also 30 mins away from 🌴 palms springs. Our 2.5 acre lot has Paved roads close by and easy access. Also, with over 16 Joshua trees on the property, Beautiful Scenic views , it makes the perfect Scene for Production filming, Events, Gatherings & Retreats.
Straw bale house in the desert with views
Pricing based on low impact 10 hour stills shoot with under 15 people.
Please inquire with project details for accurate rate. Harrison House is located steps away from Joshua Tree National Park. Often used for artists retreats, the grounds on 10 acres are filled with beautiful desert plants and include an outdoor stage, patio and expansive views of the desert. The "great room" inside the house is acoustically perfect. The bathroom is a work of art tiled creatively from floor to ceiling. Outdoor sculptures are placed throughout the property.
Joshua Tree Private Pueblo Retreat with Views!
This pueblo style artist ranch sits on a stunning 10 acres of rare private land surrounded by two large dry lake-beds with unobstructed views of over 100 acres. The grounds are wonderful with all native and other desert plants and trees. It is nestled amongst many boulders and hills at the end of a cul-de-sac. Stunning property with views in every direction and lots of space for parking and crew set up.
The completely renovated 1958 pueblo main house features high end custom finishes throughout with picturesque views from every window. The chiefs kitchen with custom cabinets, stone counter tops and stainless steal appliances opens to large dining area and living room. This lovely 3 bedroom 2 bath home will take your breath away as you enter into the spacious living room which features a large fireplace with high wood beamed ceilings. Take in the sweeping panorama views from the family room which is a perfect place for a relaxing start to the day. The large glass doors that allow natural light in lead you onto the wrap around patio with unobstructed views all the way to the national park. The beautiful Spanish style terra cotta tiles add character throughout the home. Take in all the beauty this exquisite property has to offer.
The brand new guest house studio features a full stage and high ceilings with a queen Murphy bed and two-twin roll out beds. The guesthouse is an open loft-like feel. The beautiful new bathroom has a walk in shower with rain shower head. The automatic roll up door allows you to enjoy the outdoor patio, private fire pit while taking in the stunning views.
Crew recommendations available by request.
SkyRanch Joshua Tree - Retreat with Pool/Spa
SkyRanch Sonora was created by a well-known (and, yes, edgy...) film producer and a prominent screenwriter who married and used this dramatic setting for film maker retreats. American Psycho was not written here, but a number of their other films were. Renowned actors and directors have all enjoyed this stunning location with it's monumental skylines and creative vibes in this comfortable and expansive 5-bed, 4500 square foot desert house.
Mid-Century Mecca in the Desert
Pristine desert location. The house backs up to a sizable hill which is all federal land and there is also federal land in front of the house so there is a vast open desert landscape. The vista in the distance is all mountains.
White Cactus House - Modern, Desert Boho Luxe
Desert Bohemian Bungalow meets Modern Scandinavian minimalism. White Cactus House blends brings touches of the desert into a clean, crisp home with organic woods, leathers, natural fabric and reclaimed wall decor. The backyard boosts a 5 element (wind, fire, water, earth & love) tipi + cacti garden, bohemian swing & hammock. An old cowboy fence contrasts with the gritty charm of Joshua Tree & a dug in cowboy pool.
Geodesic Dome in the Desert in Joshua Tree
Re-energize in solace under the desert sky in this modern-bohemian dome, featuring many personally designed and handcrafted items. Stimulate your mind and spirit with natural wood and stone elements, and enjoy antique books and games while you take in sprawling mountain views by day and twinkling stars by night. The natural wood burning stove and space heaters warm the home on chilly evenings, and ample AC keeps the dome cool on hot desert days.
Dome in the Desert has been featured in many magazines, including Condé Nast Traveler, Esquire Magazine, Goop, Refinery29, and Apartment Therapy.
We have included many personal items for your enjoyment including rare and antique items which we have collected over the years and would be very difficult to replace.
- No smoking
- No pets
- Do not sublet the property
While on the property, please observe these rules:
- Please park vehicle in front of house (close to front-door). Do not drive vehicle around side or rear of the property because the weight of your vehicle could damage or collapse plumbing water lines and septic tank!
- The property uses a Septic System for waste disposal. Please do not discard anything in the sinks or toilet other than the provided, septic safe, toilet paper because it will clog (which means you will not be able to use the toilet, shower, and sink)
- Please do not leave the wood burning stove unattended (for obvious reasons of course)
- No outdoor fires
- Please exercise extreme caution when operating the telescope
- Please operate and safeguard the premises including, landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary
- Please do not hang anything off of our Joshua Tree (such as exercise equipment etc.) Joshua Trees are very fragile and might collapse.
- Owner recommends that Occupant carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupant, guests and licensees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
Your safety is EXTREMELY important so please follow these rules when accessing the loft:
- Do not enter the loft if you feel unsafe in any way. Remember, you are using the loft at your own risk!
- No shoes allowed in loft area
- Four (4) people maximum in loft at any time
- The loft ladder does not have a hand rail - Please exercise extreme caution when climbing up and down the ladder. It is recommended that you climb the ladder with a spotter (someone to assist you) either above or below to guarantee safe passage
- The loft is equipped with a decorative rope railing - DO NOT lean against or pull on the rope! We recommend that you keep a safe distance of at least 18" from the railing to avoid the possibility of falling off the loft edge
- Please refrain from standing or jumping in the loft
- No minors are permitted on the ladder or in the loft without strict adult supervision!
- Do not access the loft if intoxicated in any way!
- Use general common sense when using the loft (don't jump or throw things over the edge, etc.)
HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate based on total number of people.
CALCULATE HOURLY RATE: Hourly Rate is $180/hour for 4 people (10 hour minimum). Each added person is $25/hour.
Joshua Tree Desert Ranch Location
5-acre lot in Joshua Tree, flat desert terrain that borders on flat/empty BLM land with an unbroken/unimpeded view of approximately 10 miles.
Approximately 15 minute drive from downtown Joshua Tree, 2 hour drive from downtown LA.
Well-maintained dirt road access.