Denver is the capital of the state of Colorado in the United States. Located in the Rocky Mountain region of the country, the city is known for its dry, sunny climate and beautiful scenery. Dubbed the Mile High City, Denver is also situated just a mile above sea level. Given the gorgeous outdoor terrains, the city is a popular destination for various outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and skiing.
It is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene, with a slew of museums, galleries, and theaters. The city also stands out thanks to its abundance of stunning scenery and gorgeous weather. Hence why Denver is one of the top destinations to host diverse occasions.
Perhaps you are hosting an influencer event or a meetup with friends; there are selections of small venues in Denver that would be perfect for your upcoming function.
Small Venues Options in Denver
- Makeup Artists
Many makeup artists in Denver provide services to glam up clients for various events. Denver’s makeup artists can give you a natural or dramatic look for your next occasion. Most will travel to where you are, making their services both convenient and highly accessible.
Denver’s catering companies provide food and drinks for small events. They handle the heavy lifting and offer various options, from simple finger foods to full-service meals. Every caterer does their best to accommodate their client's needs including special requests or dietary restrictions.
Denver offers selections of musicians who can perform at small events. Musicians add an element of fun and excitement to all occasions If you are lucky enough, you might just get a local celebrity to grace your gathering making it even more memorable.
- Event Planner
Denver’s event planners are a phone call away and ready to make your small event a success. An ace planner takes up the responsibility of overseeing every task, from choosing the right venue to selecting the perfect vendors. Their industry knowledge can also help you save money.
Flowers are a beautiful way to decorate any small event space. Denver’s florists have a wide variety of flowers for your different occasions, and they can come up with custom arrangements to match your event's theme or color scheme.
Small Venues Vendors in Denver
- Lehrer's Flowers
Lehrer's Flowers is Denver's leading floral arrangements supplier, providing high-quality blooms at unbeatable prices. Located at 2100 West Mississippi Avenue, they offer a wide selection of floral arrangements for weddings, to send your sympathies, or spruce up work events. Their team of experienced florists is on hand to advise on suitable floral designs for the specific occasion.
- Touch of Grey Entertainment
Touch of Grey Entertainment is a full-service entertainment company that offers a range of services, including DJing, photo booth rentals, and sound production. Whether you are organizing a small gathering or an enormous celebration, they have the know-how and ability to make your event a success. Their photo booths are ideal for all occasions, from weddings to birthdays to business gatherings. And their DJ has a vast music library spanning all genres and decades, plus a state-of-the-art lighting system that will take your event to the next level.
- Lady of Decorum
Lady of Decorum Event Services is a company that specializes in handling all the details of hosting a successful event. With over eight years of experience in event planning and staffing, they have the knowledge and expertise to take care of everything from setup and clean-up to registration and photography.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Venues in Denver
- Depending on who you ask, Denver experiences between 245 to 300 days of sunshine. That makes the city the perfect place to host a small outdoor event.
- Going towards the mountains, the temperatures in Denver get cooler. There are also selections of small venues around the mountainous region that would be suitable for your event.
- Denver’s strong economy coupled with the low cost of living makes the city an affordable place to host any type of occasion.
- The mile-high elevation gets to some folks, and you should keep this in mind when selecting small venues in Denver for around the mountainous regions.
- Denver has terrible traffic, given that it is a tourist hotspot, and you want to plan your movements with this aspect in mind.
- The weather isn’t always pleasant and it can get unpredictable at times. Snowstorms are particularly a challenge in September, and the city also experiences thunderstorms.
Tips on How to Organize Small Venues in Denver
As anyone who has ever tried to organize a small event knows, it can be a daunting task. There are a million little details to take care of, and it can be challenging to keep track of everything. However, it is possible to pull off a successful event with a bit of planning and organization. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- First, list everything that needs to be done to prepare for the event. This should include everything from booking the venue to sending out invitations. Once you have a list, you can start to break down each task into smaller actionable steps. This will make the whole process feel less overwhelming.
- Second, start taking care of the details as early as possible. The sooner you get things done, the less stress you will feel. Also, give yourself some wiggle room in case something goes wrong.
- Third, delegate tasks to reliable friends or family members. This will allow you to focus on the bigger picture and avoid getting bogged down with the details.
Famous Locations in Denver
- Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art
The Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art, located in the Golden Triangle Creative District, is the new home to Vance Kirkland's Retrospective. The original location featured a salon style and intimate atmosphere, and the theme is carried over to the new building. Three primary collections reside within the museum, including a collection of international decorative arts, a retrospective of Kirkland’s works, and a regional collection.
- Bluebird Theater
The Bluebird Theater dates back to 1913, and it is named after John Thompson, a local Denver grocer, and druggist. It has several rows of seats staggered on different levels and a balcony running along the room's perimeter, giving audience members an aerial view of the stage. The Bluebird Theater focuses on contemporary music performances, hosting touring artists, and hosting film screenings.
- Hudson Gardens
Hudson Gardens is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city, and it is the perfect spot for a stroll, picnic lunch, or people-watching. The sculptures and art installations add an element of interest, and the variety of parks means there is something to please everyone. The Hudson Gardens also hosts numerous community events, including concerts, festivals, and food truck rallies.