Covina is a small city located in the state of California. It has been home to many notable landmarks and attractions, including the Covina Bowl, the oldest bowling alley in Los Angeles County. The city offers an array of lush parks and outdoor recreation areas, such as South Hills Country Club and Charter Oak Park, offering stunning views of the San Gabriel Mountains.
Production Spaces In Covina provide an excellent platform to host events in this city. Whether you are producing a TV show, film project, or music video, these production spaces have all the necessary equipment to make your creative vision come alive. They offer makeup stations, green screens, high-speed Internet access, audio/video recording equipment, and lighting fixtures.
Covina is becoming increasingly popular for hosting events due to its convenient location near major transit routes and easy accessibility from Los Angeles via the I-10 freeway. Production spaces have highly competitive pricing, allowing producers to stay on budget, and they double as ideal settings for film premieres or other industry-based events.
Production Options in Covina
Catering services are a great way to provide guests with delicious food and drinks during events held in production spaces in Covina. Many caterers offer custom menus and can customize food items to fit any dietary restrictions or preferences. Furthermore, most catering services also provide professional servers and wait staff to ensure guests have a pleasant experience.
Professional DJs bring the right energy to any event in Covina by creating a fun and memorable atmosphere. Depending on the style of the event, DJs can play various genres of music, from hip-hop to classic rock, and provide lighting and special effects.
- Party Rentals
A great way to transform a production space into an elegant venue is through furniture rentals like tables and chairs, lounge seating, and other decor items. Companies in Covina provide party rentals in various sizes and styles to accommodate any size event or venue layout.
- A/V Equipment
Audio-visual equipment is essential for events with presentations or video screens for entertainment purposes. Rental companies in Covina offer the services of skilled technicians to set up and operate A/V equipment.
Production Vendors in Covina
- Coco's Party Rentals
Coco's Party Rentals is a renowned family-owned and operated event rental company. They offer a comprehensive selection of party rentals for birthdays, baby showers, corporate events, graduations, weddings, quinceañeras, christenings, bridal showers, and fundraisers. Their team members are passionate about creating unforgettable memories while providing outstanding customer service.
- Moreno’s Grill Catering
Moreno’s Grill Catering is an established catering service based in Covina, California, known for its delicious taco catering and flavor-packed food. The experienced staff provides a high quality of service, with their punctuality and presentation always up to the highest standards. Aside from tacos, they offer other savory dishes, such as their signature Tri-Tip Mac&Cheese or Mexican rice with shrimp, which have become increasingly popular among customers.
- Massive Entertainment
With over two decades of experience, they excel in curating exceptional music and creating captivating ambiance through their cutting-edge lighting effects. Their team caters to diverse events, including wedding receptions, corporate functions, birthdays, anniversaries, and holiday parties. Choose Massive Entertainment for your next party or gathering, and leave a lasting impression on your guests for years.
Pros and Cons of Production Spaces in Covina
Working on a video or photo shoot project in a production space in Covina has advantages and disadvantages.
- Accessibility: Production spaces are usually located near major highways or other transportation routes, making them easily accessible for guests.
- Variety: Production spaces offer various facilities, including equipment for audio/visual needs and lighting and effects.
- Professional staff: Production spaces typically have experienced staff on site who can assist with the setup and execution of a project.
- Limited capacity: The limited space at most production spaces forces crews to scale back on the team working at any given time or reduce equipment needs.
- Noise pollution: Sound could transfer, creating potential issues with residents or businesses nearby without proper precautions.
- Obtaining permits: Getting filming or photography licenses could prove challenging and time-consuming.
Tips on How to Organize Production Spaces in Covina
To help maximize planning efficiency and ensure a successful project, here are some tips on organizing video or photo shoots in production spaces in Covina:
- Secure the Right Venue: Identify a venue that can accommodate the crew, cast, and required equipment. Check if it offers added benefits, including an on-site technical team and production equipment.
- Work with a Production Team: Work with a production team to manage the project. These experts provide valuable insight into working with limited resources while creating a productive environment.
- Prioritize Safety Protocols: It is essential to prioritize safety by ensuring everything is where it should go. Invest in storage bins to keep cables neatly stored when not in use.
- Have Contingency Plans Ready: As unpredictable issues may arise, have contingency plans ready, like having a backup generator or extra camera batteries.
Famous Locations in Covina
- The Taylor House at Heritage Park
The Taylor House at Heritage Park is a beautiful representation of the 18000s Arts and Craft Movement. It is a two-story Craftsman-style home featuring a gable roof, wide eaves with triangular brackets, half-timbered gables, bay windows, and an overhanging front porch. Constructed in 1916 for William Workman and his family on the historic Ranch La Puente, today, the building serves as a museum where visitors can explore the history of the surrounding area. Inside its walls are preserved artifacts from early settlers to modern times, including furniture, tools, clothing, photographs, artwork, and more.
- Firehouse Jail Museum
The Covina Valley Historical Society's Firehouse Jail Museum is a unique and fascinating attraction. Located in the heart of Covina's historic downtown district, this former municipal jail has been open to the public since 1979. Visitors can explore a variety of local artifacts from the San Gabriel Valley that document rural life from over a century ago, such as early invoices, legal documents, citrus records, photographs taken by CW Tucker, and scrapbooks. These artifacts offer a window into the cultural and social life of the area. Notable features include an authentic jail cell where visitors can "do a short stint behind bars" if they dare!
- The Covina Theater
The Covina Theater, a cherished cultural landmark in the San Gabriel Valley, has proudly stood for 100 years. Since its opening in 1920, it has been a source of entertainment for countless generations of friends and families. Serving as an anchor for the Covina community, it holds a special place in the hearts of its residents, evoking nostalgia, charm, and tradition. Not just for the movies but also for the unique cinematic experience it offers, patrons flock to The Covina Theater. Moreover, the stunning architecture within the facility adds to the pleasure of watching a movie.